Job Title: ESG Research and Strategy Associate
Location: Boston, MA with remote working arrangements in place for the short-term. Applicants must be eligible to work in the the US.
Start Date: Immediate (please do not apply if you can’t start by mid-November)
How to apply: Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested in and suitable for this role, to email@example.com with the subject line “Application: Boston ESG Research and Strategy Associate”.
About us: KKS Advisors is a leading, global advisory firm working with investors, foundations, corporations, NGOs, and policymakers to develop bold and effective strategies that pave the way to a more sustainable society. Co-founded by George Serafeim, the Charles M. Williams Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School, we combine academic insights with strategy expertise and years of experience in sustainable business development to deliver solutions that foster systemic change. With offices in Boston, London, and Athens, our vision is to reshape markets, creating a world where business and investment decisions are made for the long term, take environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors into account, and maximize the power of capital to achieve positive impact.
Who are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join the KKS team in Boston as an Associate Consultant. The successful applicant will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will have excellent communication and team-work/time-management skills. She/he/they will work closely with our team to deliver consultancy projects in a fast-paced work environment, and will demonstrate a strong client focus. The role requires a unique combination of attention to detail, relationship-building abilities, ESG knowledge, and subject matter expertise, with critical thinking, research, and problem-solving skills.
The position is the ideal opportunity for an individual seeking to work in a firm with a mission-driven culture, who values quality and excellence, is confident with high levels of exposure to senior decision- makers, and has the diversity of skills needed to drive our business forward as a market-leading ESG advisory firm. The role will provide the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of a leading sustainability consultancy, as well as of the specific needs of different client types. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in working with the private sector to address key sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the business case for sustainability for both corporates and investors, and leading frameworks such as SASB, GRI and TCFD.
• Working on a team to deliver high-quality consulting services to clients
• Conducting research, data collection, and data analysis
• Compiling and presenting information orally, visually, and in writing
• Developing accurate, compelling, and client-focused materials
• Gaining a solid understanding of our service offerings
• Developing successful proposals for prospective clients
• Assisting in further developing the KKS brand
• Living the KKS values of respect, excellence, daring, and integrity
• Supporting the overall mission, vision, and goals of KKS Advisors
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Sustainability, or related fields with
demonstrated course work, projects, internships, and/or employment in the ESG space.
Master’s degree preferable.
• A strong understanding of the business case for sustainability; the environmental, social, and
governance factors that inform it; and the ability to demonstrate this through a rigorous,
• Familiarity with key trends and developments in ESG and what they mean for businesses and
• Familiarity with ESG reporting frameworks, standards, data sources, and scoring
• Familiarity with responsible investment, impact investment, and the latest developments
regarding sustainability and ESG in capital markets
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent time-management skills
• Attention to detail and ability to deliver client-oriented deliverables
• Strong writing skills
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Strong research and data analysis competencies
• Intermediate / Advanced MS Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) skills
• An exceptional ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
• Ability to swiftly understand, organize, and communicate complex information
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment, dealing with a varied workload, and meeting tight
• Values-driven with a passion for sustainability, ESG, and the conviction to push and enable
commercial actors to drive meaningful environmental and social change
• Works collaboratively, builds cohesion, and can perform well individually or within a team
• Proactive and energetic, with the ability to engage stakeholders and ideate new solutions
• Innovative problem-solver, confident taking initiative
What are we offering?
• Competitive salary with the potential for extension based on performance)
• A supportive team and working environment that values diversity and excellence and is
motivated by making a positive impact on society and the environment
• An opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and experience around ESG strategy,
sustainable finance, strategic planning, and corporate governance and reporting
• Exposure to working with major clients from the private and public sector, with direct
exposure to clients ranging from corporates to private and public investors.
Diversity & Inclusion
KKS Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other
protected status as required by applicable law. Each member of the KKS team is dedicated to
promoting diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion. Our shared vision is to create a workplace that
represents a mosaic of voices and a full spectrum of ideas and insights, so that we can collectively
work towards a better tomorrow.
Should you have any questions about how we can support your individual circumstances, please reach out to us.