The Kinesso instructional designer supports the learning strategy of Kinesso and is responsible for working closely with stakeholders to help conceptualize, design, develop, and deliver highly engaging and interactive training solutions in multiple formats. Output will be for both internal and external audiences and will target learning objectives, accelerate speed-to-competence, meet business needs, and improve performance.
This person will align with and deliver on the projects that are set by the Talent Development & Product Enablement team, covering both talent development projects and projects covering Kinesso products and services across global markets.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with market leads to identify needs and build out learning briefs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide relevant exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Develop assessment instruments and certification exams
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Serve multiple stakeholders, prioritize requests and communicate deadlines. Formally present ideas and deliverables, raise appropriate questions to clarify/prioritize issues and bring them to resolution
- Develop online tutorials, instructor-led training materials, and post-training support aids – selecting the most effective format to meet targeted learning and performance objectives
- Ensure content accuracy and appropriateness, and meet quality standards and expectations with a keen eye for detail
- Conduct ongoing management and maintenance of all courseware. Revise and improve existing learning products and programs based on facilitator and participant feedback, and on business and industry changes
- Be flexible and adapt quickly and easily to changing requirements and needs as the Kinesso service delivery model continues to evolve
- See projects through start-to-finish, manage multiple projects simultaneously, complete follow-up actions in a timely manner, and meet targeted deadlines
- Conduct light administrative duties such as LMS course management
- Work independently, cross-functionally, and within teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree in a related field or equivalent job experience
- Experience with workplace training and learning a plus
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus
- Experience with Adobe CC a plus (Illustrator, Photoshop, Animator etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Strong knowledge of eLearning technology (Captivate, Storyline etc.)
- Knowledge of screen recording and video editing software (Camtasia, Adobe Premier Pro/Rush)
- Solid knowledge of at least one Learning Management System
- Above average writing and editing skills
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
It is the policy of Kinesso, division of the Interpublic group, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For applicants to jobs in the United States: In compliance with the current Americans with Disabilities Act and state and local laws, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position with Kinesso, please email firstname.lastname@example.org