We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads collaborate with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner’s engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
– Gas-fired generation
– Power delivery
– Environmental retrofits
– Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Assist with 3D modeling and plan production ensuring correct reference files are attached and model reference directory is up to date; develop 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
• Coordinate with project team and report project progression updates and or issues to Lead Designer as required.
• Assist in the review of designs for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
• Help create guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge base documents as assigned.
• Collaborate with team members in design and drafting techniques to challenge abilities; provide constructive feedback to aid in employee development.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Assist in completion of as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
• Participate in project and layout meetings; coordinate and assist in activities of project team members.
• Associate’s degree in Drafting Technology and one-two years’ of Civil design experience or a related field; or completion of a vocational training program in Drafting and one-two years of Civil design experience or a related field; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one-two years’ of Civil design experience
• Proficient in utilizing a Computer-Aided Drafting program such as MicroStation, Navis Works, AutoCad or AutoCad Civil 3D.
• Basic knowledge of civil engineering concepts such as grading and storm drainage.
• Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems, spreadsheets, and databases
• Ability to effectively communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.