At Keysight, we are driven to deliver breakthrough solutions and trusted insight in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization to help customers accelerate the innovations that connect and secure the world.
What started in the original Silicon Valley garage has transformed into a world-renowned think tank for design, measurement, and cybersecurity intelligence research; birthed numerous product categories; and helped advance the world’s disruptive technologies. At Keysight, we have a decades-long track record of helping customers create, innovate, and deliver what is next. We are driven, curious, and collaborative. We’re obsessed with the future of technology. The company’s over 12,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. But we don’t stop there. We are involved. We nurture the next generation of engineers. We help our neighbors and communities across the globe. With a global corporate responsibility framework for ethical, environmentally-sustainable, and socially-responsible operations, we are singularly focused on connecting and securing the world for a better planet.
A major success factor for Keysight continues to be the development and deployment of breakthrough DSP and mixed signal ASICs that drive performance, value, and differentiation for new products. Team members help drive leading edge ASICs that shape and impact the electronic world around us by creating and delivering new measurement solutions. The ASIC Technology group in Keysight Laboratories is looking for a highly motivated engineering intern to join the Integrated Circuit Design team. In this role, you will take part in the design of high-performance integrated circuit solutions for test and measurement applications including Oscilloscopes, Bit-Error Rate Testers, and Frequency-Domain instruments. This position is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado, which is consistently ranked as one of the most desirable cities in the U.S.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Digital simulation at multiple levels of the design hierarchy
• Verification of digital functions
• Digital RTL design
• Coding/scripting assignments
• Power analysis/extraction
• Design documentation
• Review of existing documentation to understand and influence IC requirements, functionality, and performance
• Close collaboration with physical design, test, and packaging teams as well as system-level integration teams.
• Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a BSEE or equivalent. Minimum eligible GPA: 3.0
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to learn and contribute
• Strong interaction skills and ability to collaborate in a team setting
• Coursework or related experience in Hardware/Circuit Design, Digital Logic, Hardware Description Languages, Digital Signal Processing, Computer Science, and/or Semiconductor Devices/VLSI
• Excellent understanding of and ability to apply Electrical Engineering fundamentals
• Excellent understanding and experience with digital theory and circuit design
• Excellent understanding and some experience with digital simulation
• Familiarity with programming languages such as C++, Python, Ruby, and HTML
• Familiarity with the Linux operating system environment