This position is responsible for developing and catalyzing the corporate and site-level EHS program, culture, and compliance for the Greenfield, MA manufacturing facility as well as utilize lean manufacturing practices to make process improvements. The EHS Leader will lead and strengthen EHS performance, compliance, develop and implement systems and standards. Additionally, this person will support the site with the development and implementation of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing projects that support the locations’ EHS and operational excellence plan.
• Lead and facilitate Environmental Health and Safety program and implement action plans.
• Implement and facilitate sustainability of EHS management systems, regulatory programs, and processes to support compliance and management systems.
• Lead continuous improvement projects using lean manufacturing processes such as 5S, Kaizen, and other tools.
• Guide EHS compliance programs at the location with a heavy emphasis on critical safety programs such as lock, tag verify, fall prevention, electrical safety, mobile equipment, etc.) as well as critical environmental permits (air, water, waste, etc.)
• Implementation of corporate EHS standards to assure compliance with internal standards and consistency across locations.
• Work closely with site key team members to facilitate a values-based EHS culture and ensure clear EHS roles and responsibilities are assigned to all employees.
• Develop and conduct EHS training
• Lead incident root cause analysis process and develop corrective actions.
• Conduct industrial hygiene assessments and sampling as needed.
• Manage environmental compliance and operating permits such as Tier II, Storm Water, and Waste management.
• Minimum of 5 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing setting.
• Knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles are highly desired
• Certified safety professional degree or other applicable degrees highly preferred
• Excellent knowledge and application of OSHA/EPA requirements
• Excellent leadership and people skills
• Must have excellent communication both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated with high energy, ability to lead projects with minimal direction
• Ability to adjust to change in a dynamic environment
• Advanced computer skills and ability to analyze data and use all Microsoft platforms
• Sound knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and codes/standards
• Excellent communication skills
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.