The KAUST Global Fellowship Program is designed to attract emerging research leaders working across areas under the five Research Pillars of KAUST. It will support excellent postdoctoral researchers taking the initial steps towards a fully independent research career by providing them the resources to conduct a three-year research project of their own design and under their own management.
The Fellowship Program is designed with two strands: one that is general and relevant to topics under the five Research Pillars, and one that is focused on a research area that is time relevant. Year-to-year, Strand 2 will focus on different research areas that are strategically important to KAUST and that are highly topical. “Hydrogen production and storage solutions” is the topic for this year.
In addition, KAUST Global Fellows will enjoy opportunities for interdisciplinary and cross-cultural exchange, leadership training, teaching training, community engagement, professional mentorship, access to an international alumni network, and a welcoming staff dedicated to the wellbeing of all Global Fellows.
What we offer
· A fixed-term contract: 3 years (with evaluation at the end of the 2nd year),
· An annual stipend of 75,000 USD (6,250 USD monthly),
· Access to unparalleled laboratory facilities,
· Career and professional development programs, including mentor and leadership programs,
· Annual research budget of up to 45,000 USD (depending on the division)
· Medical insurance, accommodation, schooling, relocation, and travel allowance.
What we are looking for
· Ph.D. degree related to the five research pillars of KAUST and the proposed research project
· Up to, but not exceeding, 4 years of relevant postdoctoral research experience
· Strong communication skills and fluency in English