Karen Clark & Company (KCC) seeks a fulltime Technical Writer in our Boston office to generate technical documentation and assist with marketing materials. In this position, you will work with KCC’s interdisciplinary Model Development and Client Relations teams.
Karen Clark & Company (KCC) is the innovation and technology leader in catastrophe risk modeling. KCC professionals are globally recognized experts in catastrophe modeling and risk management. From our headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, we provide advanced models, innovative software, and comprehensive consulting services to (re)insurance company executives nationwide. These services enhance business strategies, and the financial results put our clients at a competitive advantage. KCC catastrophe models currently cover tropical cyclones, extratropical cyclones, severe convective storms, floods, earthquakes, winter storms, and wildfires in over 50 countries. For more information, please visit www.kcc.us.com.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of scientists, engineers, analysts, and software developers to generate technical documentation for KCC catastrophe models and other products. Documents must be scientifically rigorous and accurate while being readable and understandable by non-experts.
- Assist technical staff in developing scientific papers, presentations, and other documents.
- Maintain internal style specifications and review written documents for consistency, grammatical correctness, and clarity.
- BA or BS degree in English, Communication, Marketing, or a scientific field
- Excellent writing skills, including strong foundations in grammar and copyediting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with flow charts and generating illustrative exhibits on complex scientific topics preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage both short and long term projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment