Summer Internship Program
Kaleidoscope Capital is a Boston-based hedge fund applying cutting-edge quantitative research to financial markets. Founded in 2014, the firm is one of the top performing and fastest-growing recent fund launches. Our proprietary technology allows us to analyze and trade hundreds of markets across the world daily. We believe that our collaborative, data-driven, and open-minded research process will produce market-leading returns. Our client base includes some of the most highly respected university endowments, foundations, and family offices.
We are offering a summer internship program that will be designed to emulate the position of a quantitative analyst on our core investment team. We are looking for talented, open-minded, and team-oriented coworkers. Candidates should have strong programming skills and familiarity applying statistical models to analyze financial data.
We believe that the best investors understand the investment process from end to end. As a result, we do not employ separate research, development and execution teams. All members of the investment team split their time relatively evenly across the firm’s development, research, and implementation efforts. Exposure to all stages of the investment process provides valuable opportunities for rapid and broad learning.
The summer internship program is a great fit for someone who wants to work at a firm in its early stages and have an outsized impact. Furthermore, the upside associated with this summer internship is high, as we intend to offer our successful summer interns permanent Quantitative Analyst positions.
· Manage data feeds, explore and onboard new data sets
· Develop and improve systematic trading strategies using statistical models and pattern recognition
· End-to-end model development – including idea generation, data processing, back-testing and implementation
· Trade execution, automation and quality of execution processes
· Oversee and maintain trade capture and reconciliation processes
· Maintain and improve portfolio monitoring toolkits
· Candidates for Masters or PhD degree in a technical field – Financial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science
· Strong programming skills (Proficiency in Python and scientific toolkits, such as Pandas and Numpy is a plus)
· Ability to quickly and efficiently scrub, format and manipulate large scale data sets
· General understanding of capital markets and financial instruments
· Experience working with financial data a plus
If you are interested, please email your resume to: email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!