Kairos Power is a new nuclear energy technology and engineering company whose mission is to enable the world’s transition to clean energy, with the ultimate goal to dramatically improve people’s quality of life while protecting the environment. This goal will be accomplished through the commercialization of the fluoride-salt-cooled, high-temperature reactor (FHR) that can be deployed with robust safety, affordable costs, and flexible operation to accommodate the expansion of variable renewables.
Calling Manufacturing Engineering Majors!
Are you a creative, proactive and eager student with a solution-oriented mindset and the ability to change course quickly in a high-paced environment? If so, our Manufacturing Engineering Internship is the perfect opportunity for wildly competent students with a passion for making an impact in a high-performing engineering organization. Jumpstart your career with one of Forbes Best Startup Employers in 2021!
Kairos Power, LLC is seeking highly motivated students for our Manufacturing Engineering Internships. Through our unique internships, we provide students with hands-on experience working on innovative nuclear design through high performance computing and experimental investigative methods.
Internships can include but are not limited to:
- Manufacturing/Fabrication Intern where you will bring experience relevant to operation and maintenance of advanced fabrication and machine shop equipment. Preferably the individual would have work experience in a shop environment and be used to doing hands-on fabrication work. In this role, you will contribute to the fabrication of various constructs to support the Kairos Power testing program. The individual should be able to work successfully in a team environment and be self-motivated. The ideal candidate takes pride in their craftsmanship, organization, and attention to detail in a fast-moving, exciting environment.
About our Internships
Our 12-week summer internships provide interns with challenging and meaningful hands-on work opportunities where they are able to apply their course learnings to real world scenarios. In addition to the core internship work assignments, our interns learn and grow professionally through our exceptional training & development opportunities, social & networking engagements, exposure to leaders within the organization and valuable mentorships.
Named to Forbes’ Best Startups in 2021, Kairos Power offers state-of-the-art innovation laboratories in the iconic San Francisco Bay Area and in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Interact with manufacturing and engineering teams to handle and execute shop work requests
- Train on and operate manufacturing machines and/or fabrication equipment
- Use CAD/CAE tools to support manufacturing and prototyping activities
- Become a CAD design pro working with our talented engineers to create new designs or update designs to increase performance and/or manufacturability
- Provide fast turn-around prototypes for engineering development
- Propose optimal/innovative fabrication techniques for given designs/jobs
- Work with other team members on large assembly projects
- Conduct training occasionally on machine capability and best practices to enhance design for manufacturing knowledgebase, operator safety, and strengthen team collaboration
- Other duties as assigned
- Student with at least three years of post-secondary education in an engineering or mechanical field
- Have exposure to CAD and/or Solidworks modeling and prototyping
- Comfortable working in a machine shop and laboratory environment
- Knowledgeable about shop safety, detail-oriented, and commitment to quality
- Able to translate information from drawings or models into manufactured parts
- An excellent technical communicator: Actively listen for and identify the team’s needs, anticipate priorities and keep the team apprised of relevant information
- Proven team player with excellent verbal, written communication/presentation, and interpersonal skills
Physical & Environments Conditions
Varies by role. Please inquire for specific requirements.
Safety and PPE
Varies by role. Will be provided prior to interview.
Varies by role. Extremely limited.