Do You Enjoy….
- Discovering, identifying, and exploiting vulnerabilities in applications and networks?
- Learning how to analyze risks and areas of exposures?
- Working on impactful and rewarding projects?
Founded in 2001, K logix provides cybersecurity advisory and consulting services. We are conveniently located in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, MA, and easily accessible via the Green line, just minutes from the heart of Boston. Our white-glove approach empowers leaders to advance their security programs and strategically align with the business to reduce risk.
The Penetration Tester/Security Consultant’s (Intern/Co-op) primary responsibility consists of executing penetration testing alongside experienced penetration testing team members on customer engagements. The Consultant Intern will gain knowledge and experience in one or more of the following Security Domains: Network Penetration Testing, Application Penetration Testing and/or Vulnerability Scanning. In addition, the intern must possess the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced highly driven environment. This role will shadow existing members of the Security Testing Division/team. Candidate will gain understanding of the security landscape including discovering threats, analyzing risk levels, recognizing areas of exposure, and creating a roadmap for identified vulnerabilities.
You Will …
- Value and understand the Information/Cyber Security landscape.
- In concert with Security Consultants, execute penetration testing on customer applications and networks and execute in-depth analysis of the security posture, perform secure code reviews and threat analysis.
- Develop proof of concept exploits, allowing customers to observe potential extent of identified vulnerabilities.
- Occasionally develop tools or scripts to provide automation for security testing and exploit proof of concepts.
- Conduct focused Information/Cyber Security research and present results back to K logix team members.
- Work to meet customer and project deadlines.
You Should Have….
- An understanding of common security issues/concepts and general knowledge of security methodologies, solutions, and best practices.
- Some quality experience with programming languages such as: Java, C#, C, C++, SQL
- Experience with at least one scripting language: Python, Perl, or Ruby
- A basic understanding of how web, application, and Internet protocols function.
- Strong attention to detail and be self-directed with a can-do attitude.
- Effective and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- A Plus: Knowledge of OWASP and CWE concepts. Experience with security tools, such as: Burp Suite (or equivalent attack proxy), Nessus (or equivalent vulnerability scanner), Metasploit Framework, Static Analysis tools. Public examples of security research (such as blog posts, bug bounty reports, or open-sourced security tools).
Benefits You Will Receive…
- Strong instruction and practical experience in Information/Cyber Security as well as participating in many touchpoints in the lifecycle of the engagement and overall security consultancy.
- The candidate will gain experience with hands-on application and the administration of tools and techniques used in the security testing arena. In addition, the intern will engage in challenging assignments while assisting expert level security professionals. Candidate will work towards acquiring the technical proficiency and critical skills needed for a successful career.
- Work with leading industry subject matter experts and latest technologies.
- Working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in: Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Information Security certifications (a plus)