Community Economics Corporation (CEC), supports the domestic Health Services division of John Snow Inc., a leading public health research and consulting organization. CEC is a temporary staffing company that performs data collection tasks and numerous administrative capacities on a variety of projects. Staff are trained and supervised by JSI Survey Research Group staff members.
SUMMARY OF PHONE WORK FOR INITIAL PROJECT
JSI will be conducting a hiring and labor requirements survey in three different industry groups. The initial task is to obtain contact information about a targeted role in each company by calling the company and asking for the name and email address for the person in the targeted role. Later on in the project, reminder phone calls and in some instances interviewing individuals would be required.
Work will be done from home using a computer based phone system linked to JSI on a Tablet or Laptop supplied by JSI.
Subsequent to this initial project there may be opportunities to work on other projects that may involve clerical tasks, phone work, or field data collection. However, in most instances this additional work would only be available to Massachusetts residents.
Due to the variability of the work, there is no guarantee of set number of hours on a weekly or monthly basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be knowledgeable about the data collection purposes and able to explain to respondents
- Make phone calls to a defined list of establishments across the country during their normal business hours.
- Review obtained information to ensure quality and completeness
- Enter information obtained into an online data collection tool.
- Report status of data collection activities to Project Team in a timely manner
- Communicate regularly with project staff via email
Must be available during weekday daytime hours at least 20 hours per week. Must have quiet space at home from which to make calls. Must have high speed internet connection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Personable and articulate
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to use electronic/online email and scheduling system on a daily basis