Chase is the U.S. Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) business within JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide.
Serving nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including: personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing, the firm places a strong emphasis on digital banking, financial fitness, innovation, leadership, analytics and strategy. Here is a snapshot of where we rank today:
• #1 Credit card issuer in the U.S.
• #1 Most visited online banking portal
• #1 Mobile banking app
• #1 Amongst Millennials for checking, savings and credit cards
The newly formed CCB Data & Analytics team is the engine that powers Chase with insights that are used to create competitive advantages for our business, with an emphasis on creating value for our customers.
Unifying data and analytics talent across Chase, the team encompasses a variety of Data & Analytics disciplines, from data governance and data strategy/partnerships, to reporting, data science and machine learning. You will partner closely with our technology partners, leveraging the cutting edge data and analytics infrastructure they have constructed to ensure front-line impact through transformational projects across sales and marketing.
Within the broader CCB Data & Analytics team, the CCB Focused Analytics Solutions Team (FAST) is responsible for working across CCB to develop and execute actionable data science and analytical solutions.
The team leverages Big Data in a consulting-style environment that places a premium on creative problem solving and client interaction, working on a wide range of strategic, highly visible projects with internal clients, including: Consumer Banking, Home Lending, Card Services, Business Banking and Auto Finance.
What to expect
Beginning in September 2022, FAST Analysts will gain exposure to a variety of analytics techniques, business lines and datasets while uncovering creative and innovative ways to solve business problems using an assortment of data science methods, algorithms and techniques. FAST Analysts will spend 1-2 years in the group in a consulting-like atmosphere that will provide exposure to many different topics and Lines of Business across Chase’s consumer businesses. Projects can range from 4 weeks to a few months, offering significant opportunities for a variety of experiences. It is expected that an Analysts will eventually leave FAST for a Line of Business or other role, but the timing is on your schedule: If you find a place you love within the first year, you can move as soon as you find a position you love. If you enjoy the variety of FAST, you can stay longer than 2 years and help train our future classes while continuing to lead a variety of projects across Chase’s businesses.
In addition to comprehensive on-the-job training, the program kicks-off with a training “bootcamp” and offers mentorship opportunities to ensure you are equipped with the tools to succeed.
As a Data Science Analyst you will make a meaningful impact by:
• Using your knowledge and technical skills to help uncover novel use cases of Big Data analytics that can be deployed at scale across the business
• Building an in-depth understanding of the business and available data assets
• Collaborating across teams to deliver the best solution for client, working with a wide range of internal resources
• Executing the analytics and prototyping the solutions: collect and clean data from diverse data sources and locate new data sources, build and test solutions, supporting the plan to operationalize and scale them, etc.
• Effectively communicating proposed solutions and the analytic insights of your work to all stakeholders
Chase’s FAST group is an opportunity to accelerate your career through hands-on data analytics, management and professional networking experience, and career control that is generally not available in other ‘rotational’ programs.
Program participants will be placed in the following locations, based on candidate interest and business need:
• Chicago, Illinois
• Wilmington, Delaware
• Columbus, Ohio
• Plano, Texas
We’re looking for highly-motivated team players with the initiative and insight to develop innovative analytic solutions
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Business, Computer Science, etc., with course work in statistics and data analysis/data science
• Attend college/university in the U.S.
• Authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
• Minimum preferred cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
• Expected graduation date of December 2021 – Summer 2022
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem solving and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Ability to collaborate across teams using a consultative approach
• Basic knowledge of any of the following software packages: Python, R or SQL
• Good knowledge of MS Office required
• Familiarity with relational database concepts
• Basic awareness of Big Data technologies & their applications
• Strong track record of success as demonstrated by educational background/accomplishments
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early since programs will close as positions are filled.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran