Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Under the direction of a Production Lead, works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables and insightful application of theoretical knowledge.
- Independently synthesize, purify, and analyse chemical intermediates and target compounds.
- Synthesize chemical intermediates or active pharmaceutical, crystallization, and distillation techniques.
- Analyze and identify compounds utilizing a range of analytical techniques.
- Keep accurate, legible, and complete records of all experiments and observations.
- Generate written progress reports and present scientific results to team members.
- Exhibit a high level of safety awareness and conduct lab operations in a safe manner.
- Assist with keeping well-maintained and clean laboratories.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- BS in Organic Chemistry or equivalent with 0-3 years related experience in industry
- Experience with common analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC, NMR, UV, LC-MS.