The Senior Research Data Analyst provides technical support to research, monitoring and evaluation activities for domestic and international programs implemented by CCP, with direction from higher-level R&E staff. This Senior Research Data Analyst will be tasked with supporting the Breakthrough ACTION (BA) COVID-19 prevention and vaccine promotion portfolio. BA is a five-year USAID funded project that encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors through innovative approaches to social and behavior change (SBC) implemented by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program (CCP). BA’s COVID-19 portfolio includes works in over 15 countries around the world to plan, implement, and evaluate SBC interventions that support planning and implementation of COVID-19 strategies and plans, coordination of COVID-19 vaccination stakeholders, and strategic risk communication related to COVID-19. In order to monitor BA’s work and relevant health concerns around the world, it has developed a global monitoring system based in DHIS2 that monitors the implementation of its COVID-19-related efforts.
The Senior Research Data Analyst will assist senior Research and Evaluation Unit staff with activities along the continuum of research and evaluation from conception and design to results interpretation, reporting and dissemination. He/She also supports the work of locally based research, monitoring and evaluation staff in CCP country offices, including research consultants and vendors, to implement and monitor research activities. Individuals in the Senior Research Data Analyst position have advanced education and/or training, and knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative methods including research designs and statistical analysis using analytical software. The Senior Research Data Analyst will travel internationally to deliver short-term technical assistance (STTA), with direction from higher-level R&E staff, as needed
Specific duties & responsibilities:
I. Theory, Frameworks & Models
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of SBCC theory and models, and applies it to R&E studies w/direction.
II. Research & Evaluation
- Conducts literature reviews to support R&E designs, and IRB protocols w/Direction
- Assists with development of R&E quantitative and qualitative data collection tools w/Direction
- Assists with development of mobile and electronic data collection tools w/Support
- Assists with drafts of RFP for R&E data collection w/Direction
- Assists with review of competitive proposals
- Assists with development and implementation of field training w/Direction
- Assists with supervision of R&E field work and quality assurance w/Direction
- Assists with the development of research reports and manuscripts (includes scientific writing), presentations, posters, blogs and other products, with writing that is accurate and clear with logical flow, w/Direction
- Contributes data visualization resources for reports and other products w/Direction
III. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Conducts literature reviews to support MEL designs, and IRB protocols w/Direction
- Assists with identification of key indicators and development of Performance Monitoring Plans (PMPs) for projects w/Direction
MEL Data Analysis
- Assists in monitoring data compilation for program feedback w/Direction
- Assists in maintaining global indicator monitoring system and reviewing data quality
IV. Statistics and Analysis
- Assists with R&E data cleaning and data preparation for analysis w/Direction
- Performs basic quantitative analysis using statistical software (STATA, SPSS, R, SAS) w/Direction
- Assists with R&E data preparation and codebook development for analysis w/Direction
- Performs basic qualitative analysis using software (Atals.ti. Nvivo, Deddose and others) w/Direction
V. Business Development
- Assists with PMP for proposals w/Direction
VI. Leadership and Professional Development
- Participates in internal CCP, R&E and MEL learning activities (includes staff meeting, CoP, StratComm, TIPS, others)
- Leads the organization of Research and MEL Labs w/Direction
- Manages students and temporary staff w/Direction
VII. Collaboration and Communication
- Involves and fully informs team members and supervisors in a timely way.
- Provides technical backstop for R&E staff, as needed w/Direction
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
- Master’s degree in related discipline (i.e. communication, public health, or related behavioral science). Typically require PhD.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability on a significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Demonstrated experience working with DHIS2 or similar monitoring systems
- Demonstrated experience in program monitoring and analyzing indicator data
- Strong data visualization skills
- Relevant international work/volunteer experience
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Applications must include information regarding their technical software skills, which includes word processing software, analytic software (i.e., R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, etc.), relevant data visualization software (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI, etc.) and/or data management software (i.e., DHIS2, Excel, Epi-Info, SalesForce, etc.) capabilities.
- Expertise is not expected but understanding candidates’ exposure/capacity for various software is critical for selection. Candidates who do not include this information will not be considered.
If you are interested in applying for the position please go to: https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Research-Data-Analyst-MD-21202/752380300/