North Bethesda health and human services consulting firm seeks a dynamic full-time call center information specialist to respond to requests for information related mental and substance use disorder prevention, treatment, and recovery. Among the responsibilities, this position will require providing treatment referrals by telephone, email, text, chat, and postal mail.
***This position may require a person to work evenings, weekends, and holidays***
***This is a part-time position*****
At this time, we are unable to consider candidates from the following states: AK, AR, HI, IN, NH, KY, LA, ME, MS, MO, MT, SD, ND, IA
- Answer telephone inquiries and provide treatment referral for substance use disorders and mental illness
- Respond to emails from public on related substance use disorders and mental illness
- Remain current on substance use disorders and behavioral health research and general information via training, the Web, and other resources
- Use a system to enter, track, and gather data for reports
Minimum Experience/Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 6 months of experience working in a fast-paced call/contact center environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically, using correct grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling as well as language that is appropriate for the target audience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English required. Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish strongly preferred
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please click on the “Apply” link and include a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 professional references.
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at EEOPost.pdf.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.