Jasci Robotics is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll create, prototype, design, and productize complex features enhancing our Fleet Control System and Warehouse Control Systems which coordinates the movement of our Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) which uses vision, odometry, and natural feature recognition. The person filling this position must have the desire to ramp up quickly on the current design and solve intriguing problems. They must be a self-starter and can deliver results consistently. We are looking for a Robotic Engineer with a desire to take ownership of their tasks.
The person filling this position will be responsible for implementation and execution of strategies in support of the software that controls the robots. Some of the activities performed by this position include:
- Develop, design, and implement control strategies and features for Software controlling AMRs, in a real-time environment.
- Work on problems related to path planning, localization, perception, motion and manipulator control, simulation, and human factors.
- Integration of system software with upper-level cloud software.
- Experience integrating with cloud, server, and VM software, supporting the lab integration, complete testing, and qualification of the deliverable system
- Provide technical support for cross functional engineering team as needed.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design.
- Research outside sources, evaluate and validate software packages in analytics and ML for components.
- Participate in brainstorming and design reviews
- Work independently in generating design solutions
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arise
- Proven hands-on experience working as a Software Engineer in a real-time environment or with industrial robotics
- Thorough understanding of software design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server or Linux Server and either: Java, C#, or python
- Able to adapt and iterate on designs as requirements evolve based on utilization of the hardware
- Understanding of Cloud deployment in a multi-tenant environment and comfortable configuring and using Virtual Machines
- Experience with SOAP, REST, ASP.NET, sockets and/or SQL desirable
- Experience with network setup and configuration desirable
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in working in source code control, defect tracking system and Agile
- Basic familiarity of threading, synchronization, shared resources, and programming for memory-constrained systems
- Experienced (or demonstrated comfort level) working in a start-up environment
- Strong communication, time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Minimum of a AS degree in Computer Science (with anticipation of BS degree) or anticipated MS desired