JASCI ROBOTICS is a subsidiary of JASCI, a privately held NY-based organization with an office located in Lowell, a growing city 30 miles northwest of Boston, MA. JASCI develops software and robotics for the logistics market working with some of the largest companies in the world. JASCI is a fast-growing company looking for key individuals who want to advance their careers and be part of an exciting opportunity. Offering an exceptional work environment and exciting technology for the right candidate!
Jasci Robotics is seeking a Robotic Engineer to join our team. In this role, you’ll create, prototype, design, and productize complex features enhancing our Autonomous Mobile Robot (AMR) using vision, odometry, and natural feature recognition. The person filling this position must have the desire to ramp up quickly on the current design and solve intriguing problems. They must be a self-starter and can deliver results consistently. We are looking for a Robotic Engineer with a desire to take ownership of their tasks.
The person filling this position will be responsible for implementation and execution of strategies in support of the robot’s needs. Some of the activities performed by this position include:
- Develop, design, and implement control strategies and features for AMRs, evolving firmware in a real-time environment.
- Work on problems related to localization, planning, perception, motion and manipulator control, and simulation.
- Integration of motion hardware with existing firmware components.
- Experience integrating with HW/software, supporting the lab integration, complete testing, and qualification of the deliverable system
- Provide technical support for manufacturing as needed.
- Troubleshoot system problems in production or design.
- Research outside sources, evaluate and validate electrical drives, motors, controllers, and sensors from outside suppliers; write technical specifications for components.
- Participate in brainstorming and design reviews
- Work independently in generating design solutions
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arise
- Proven hands-on experience working as a Robotic Engineer in electronic product design or industrial robotics
- Thorough understanding of firmware design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Solid understanding of Linux, embedded Linux with real-time environment, ROS, OpenCV, and C++ (python desirable)
- Able to adapt and iterate on designs as requirements evolve based on measurements of the hardware
· Experience with perception algorithms and hardware (discrete sensors, lidar, cameras)
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in working in source code control, defect tracking system and Agile
· Experience with hardware/software interfacing of motion control equipment including motors (servo, stepper, brushless DC), drive amplifiers, and positioning systems, desired
· Experience with software implementation of one or more: motion control including open- and closed-loop feedback systems, motors and encoders, and servos
· Basic familiarity of threading, synchronization, shared resources, and programming for memory-constrained systems
· Ability to travel when needed, ~15%
- Experienced (or demonstrated comfort level) working in a start-up environment
- Strong communication, time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Minimum of a BS degree in Robotic Engineering or equivalent degree with 2 years of work experience, or MS in Robotic Engineering or equivalent degree