Jasci Robotics is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Electrical Engineer. In this role, you will create, prototype, design and productize complex electrical components, extensive experience in system and digital circuit design, and an understanding of controls for an indoor robot and robotic system. You must have the self-management skills and independent judgement to produce the most efficient and optimized design, using your creativity.
The person filling this position will be responsible for implementation and execution of strategies in support of Jasci Robotics’ Electrical Engineer needs. Some of the activities performed by this position include:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Owning a large component of a subsystem from concept to fielding
- Coordinate with all other cross-functions to ensure project success
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
- Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures
- Architecting, designing and implementing complex embedded system, analog and digital circuit design and systems debugging
- Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments
- Execute tasks to aggressive schedules.
- An understanding of industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508) and RIA (E15.08).
- Proven experience working as an Electrical Engineer, with a minimum of XX years of experience
- Hands-on experience in electrical, firmware and system level design
- Experience in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with OrCAD Capture and Cadence Allegro tool flow is a plus), familiar with PCB layout design and best practices
- Experience designing and modifying complex schematics containing analog and digital electronics including boards with FPGA’s, microcontrollers or microprocessors
- Experience with serial communication interfaces (CAN, SPI, Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- Extensive system design interfacing to a wide array of electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience
- Commitment to rigorous testing practices and design process flows
- Experience applying IEC 60204 and/or IEC 61508 machinery safety standards preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and certifying safety rated hardware systems is desirable.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
- Thorough understanding of FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Solid understanding of basic digital logic design concepts (understanding how FPGA code translates into logic primitives); detailed understanding and ability to modify all architectural elements within FPGA
- Solid understanding of static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design
- Able to adapt and iterate on designs as requirements evolve based on measurements of the hardware
- Experience in COTS components such as LIDAR, vision, and wireless technology
- Experience in OrCad, board design, and layout
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in working in CRM, source code control, defect tracking system and Agile
- Experienced (or demonstrated comfort level) working in a start-up environment
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Basic knowledge of Linux and C++ required
- Knowledge of python and scripting desired
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & database software applications.
- Strong communication, time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar field experience with 5 years’ work experience in industrial automation or controls engineering or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar field experience with 3 years’ work experience in industrial automation or controls engineering
Competitive compensation, excellent health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, PTO