Jasci Robotics is seeking a talented, experienced, and motivated Electrical Engineer Intern. In this role, you will create, prototype, design and assist in productizing complex electrical components, and an understanding of controls for an indoor robot and robotic system. You must have the self-management skills and independent judgement to produce the most efficient and optimized design, using your creativity.
The person filling this position will be responsible for implementation and execution of strategies in support of Jasci Robotics’ Electrical Engineer Intern needs. Some of the activities performed by this position include:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Possess an understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
- Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures
- Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments
- Execute tasks to aggressive schedules.
- An understanding of industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508) and RIA (E15.08).
- General Understanding of electrical, firmware and system level design
- Familarity in schematic entry, layout tools and design for manufacturability (familiarity with OrCAD Capture and Cadence Allegro tool flow is a plus), familiar with PCB layout design and best practices
- Understanding of complex schematics containing analog and digital electronics including boards with FPGA’s, microcontrollers or microprocessors
- Familarity with serial communication interfaces (CAN, SPI, Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- Experience with system design interfacing to any electro-mechanical subsystems and debugging experience
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving EMI/EMC issues
- An understanding of basic digital logic design concepts (understanding how FPGA code translates into logic primitives); detailed understanding and ability to modify all architectural elements within FPGA
- Solid understanding of static timing analysis and the process by which timing closure is achieved in a design
- Able to adapt and iterate on designs as requirements evolve based on measurements of the hardware
- Desired experience in COTS components such as LIDAR, vision, and wireless technology
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision.
- Experience in working in CRM, source code control, defect tracking system and Agile
- Desire to work in a start-up environment
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Basic knowledge of Linux and C++ required
- Knowledge of python and scripting desired
- Strong skills in MS office tools such as Excel, Word, & database software applications.
- Strong communication, time management skills, fast learner, self‐ motivated
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar field experience in industrial automation or controls engineering or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar field experience.