Title: Intern, Content Strategy
Location: Remote, hybrid, or in-person available at our office in Arlington, TX; Must be located in the United States
Who we are:
IWP Capital is a fintech specializing in Catholic values investing. Think ESG through a Catholic lens. We research industries & companies, synthesize big data, and dive deep into thematic topics to best serve our clients’ needs. Our database of information helps us develop and maintain screening tools our clients use to invest in companies that align with their values and avoid the ones that don’t. The impact of our work reaches over $2 billion in assets annually, and we continue to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Research & Write: You will prepare research reports varying in size and scope from quick 1-page briefs on a news cycle development to more in depth, original thought pieces on a range of topics. Any interest in blogging or content design? We’d love to hear from you.
- Engage: Part of our work entails writing to CEOs, speaking to corporate executives directly, and voting on behalf of shareholders at annual corporate meetings. Our engagement efforts make our voices heard. You’ll assist in these efforts, develop marketing materials for clients, and attend industry conferences where appropriate.
- Be an integral part of the Team: We are a growing team. You’ll be asked to help out with various aspects of our operations, such as screening client portfolios, researching companies, or building out our new app – Sanctify. Willingness to take initiative and lend a hand are key.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong writer: We’re looking for someone who has a passion for writing. A critical thinker who can communicate ideas clearly through written prose and speak to a variety of audiences. Someone who will help position our company as a thought leader in Catholic values investing.
- Intellectual curiosity. We monitor 10k+ companies for over 30 different datapoints and keep track of industries at large. From child labor to the environment, biotechnology to blockchain & cryptocurrencies, the diversity of our research is vast. An innate curiosity and desire to learn are musts.
- Diversity of thought. Our differences make us stronger. We rely on diversity in thinking to spark new ideas, propose new approaches, and generate rigor and balance in the content we produce. Formal knowledge of finance is not required, however an interest in applying your skill set to an investment setting is.
- Senior or graduate student, preferred. Pursuit of degree in journalism, marketing, communications or equivalent a bonus. All disciplines welcome.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing, social media, and copywriting
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to research, collect, manipulate, and analyze data
- Interest in developing Bloomberg Terminal and Excel skills
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church and Catholic teachings a plus
This is a part-time, internship position. If you wish to be considered for this role, please submit your resume and a writing sample. Cover letter is optional.