As a Product Designer, you will understand the needs of our sellers and help elevate the design practices throughout our teams. You will have an acute visual eye and be able to craft interfaces that solve problems, engage and delight our sellers. And if you’re passionate about breaking complex problems down into simple and seamless user journeys then this is the place for you!
Itemize team will be a cross-functional team made up of Tech, Product, and Design and you will own the design process together, working in close partnership with members of the research, tech, data, and product on our key initiatives.
We believe design acts as a bridge between product and technology, so we expect you to understand the needs of our sellers and balance these with our business goals and technical feasibility – striking the right balance between speed of delivery and quality of output. As a result, you should be able to work at different levels of fidelity depending on the context – whether that’s demonstrating to the organization what is possible before it’s built or shipping products to the world that our sellers love.
This position is part-time, fully remote, available for college credit received.
What we expect from our Product Designers:
- Experience working with digital design in cross-functional teams.
- Understand the power of collaboration and open feedback with your team and peers.
- Comfortable working across the entire design process including user research, concept development, wireframing, prototyping, testing, and creating the final UI aligned and with support of our design system.
- Ability to balance business goals and seller challenges – caring deeply about solving the right problems for our users but also contributing to the overall strategy and product direction.
- Great communication skills with the ability to translate complex challenges into powerful stories and demonstrate your thought process to stakeholders.
- Creative courage – happy challenging the status quo and always looking to improve themselves and their team’s processes.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and not afraid to pivot direction quickly.
- Understand how to de-risk a design by an understanding of how much design is enough to ship.
- Regularly facilitate design discussions with clear and high-quality outputs.
What we love to see you have:
- You have Visual design skills with the ability to demonstrate excellent use of typography, color, imagery, layout, and graphic elements
- You have experience with tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, and Figma.
- You are outstanding visual design skills and attention to detail
- You are a creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- You can execute on feedback and changes rapidly
- You are excited about joining a fast-paced environment
- You are eager to make a real impact and are hungry for success
- You have Knowledge of HTML and CSS, interaction design, user-centered design, and the creative process
- Your experience creating designs for multiple platforms – web, mobile, and tablet preferred
- You have the ability to establish cross-functional relationships and an understanding of IT development and business processes