Itemize is looking for Digital sculptors to join our Industrial Design Team take projects from concept models to final production surfaces and are responsible for the production data sets.
This position is part-time, remote, eligible for college credit received.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program in Industrial Design, Transportation Design, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of modeling experience (Alias, Rhino, NX, Solidworks) in an Industrial Design environment
- A portfolio demonstrating Class-A surfaces for consumer products
- Experience with defining CAD for mass production
- Experience in a studio environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional groups
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Advanced skills using Alias 3D Surfacing and NX
- Excellent communication skills
About The Job
As a CAD sculptor for the Itemize Industrial Design Team, you will work closely with other industrial designers and engineering in the product development process.
You will translate and define the design intent of the industrial designer using 3D software while working with mechanical engineers to meet manufacturing and tooling requirements.
Please submit a PDF portfolio demonstrating 3D sculpting ability.
- Create conceptual and production CAD models using Class A Surfaces.
- Collaborate closely with Industrial Design and Product Design Engineers.
- Work independently within a mixed-team environment.
- Work on multiple projects in parallel.