IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC health care, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI helps to guide its more than 5,000 clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market-leading growth. A confluence of major external events—a revolution in consumer buying, big data coming into its own, advanced analytics and automated consumer activation—is leading to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries.
IRI Growth Consulting brings innovative thinking, grounded in deep industry expertise, to develop growth strategies for senior management at some of the world’s largest and most successful consumer goods, retail, and over-the-counter health care companies.
Our leadership team comes from top tier management consulting firms bringing deep experience and knowledge to the group.
What we do:
IRI Growth Consulting works with clients in consumer goods and retail to fuel their sustained, profitable growth. We combine our expertise in strategy, sales, marketing, and advanced analytics, empowered with big data and technology, to develop practical insights and actionable recommendations.
We leverage data—in-house IRI data, client and third-party assets, and primary research—to develop empirical and rigorous strategic frameworks and recommendations for real business problems. Our work spans a diverse group of client companies, from iconic brands to high-growth startups.
Jr. Associate Role Profile:
The primary role of the Jr. Associate is to work closely with experienced Associates conducting quantitative & qualitative research analysis, interpreting results, and making strategic recommendations for top-tier Consumer Goods and Retail clients.
- Interact with project teams and clients at multiple levels
- Design and execute qualitative and quantitative research analyses
- Gain and apply knowledge of the client’s market and customer base using IRI’s proprietary data (Point-of Sale scanner data, panel, etc.) and secondary sources (industry reports, annual reports, etc.) and synthesize key findings
- Analyze and model market data sets leveraging a range of applied statistical techniques
- Assist in creating client presentations with key strategic findings and recommendations
- Develop increasing levels of autonomy and responsibility, eventually taking on greater project management roles and client responsibilities
- Seek out and apply new learning opportunities to enhance institutional knowledge of the Growth Consulting team
- Manage and oversee outsourcing of the research process to global support teams
- Proactively engage in internal initiatives to develop the Growth Consulting group
- Undergraduate degree from top tier university required, with a minimum GPA of 3.2/4.0 and a graduation date between December 2020 and June 2021
- An inquisitive orientation to problem-solving and analysis
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills; advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work well in teams and with clients
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing tasks
Passionate: We are passionate about tackling tough challenges and creating breakthrough strategies.
Entrepreneurial: We believe that our success hinges on our consultants’ ability to foster innovation, embrace change and keep pace within a fast-moving environment. In contrast to the rigid hierarchies at many large consultancies, we expect individual consultants to devise the best way to address a particular challenge.
Impactful: We help clients move from issue to solution, with the ultimate goal of making them more valuable. Unlike other consultancies that simply recommend a strategy, we work with clients to transform their organization.
Big Data Analytics: We are focused on laying a strong foundation in analytics and structured thinking to ensure success in any chosen career path.
Professional Development: Our leaders serve as capable mentors who transfer insights and knowledge through a strong apprenticeship program. Our associates help build the practice through recruiting, training, and developing people. We’re committed to helping you build the right skills to meet your career goals. Our workplace is a highly collaborative, supportive environment.
Your Future: Your project experiences, training and support network at IRI will improve your skills and prepare you for a long and successful career in the CPG industry, or ready you to pursue an advanced degree.
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, back-up child care, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people – the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster.
IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.