Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics, and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The AI/ML Solutions Director role is a new strategic position within the Biostatistics and Decision Sciences business focused on applying innovative AI/ML solutions based on SOMS platform to uncover insights in clinical trial as well as real-world data, enabling precision medicine in healthcare. SOMS is a next-generation ML platform that focusses on deriving insights from multiple data sources.
The SOMS AI/ML Solutions Director position will report to the Principal of SOMS Product and will be responsible for the following:
- Lead global sales-support function of the SOMS product for the assigned vertical, ensuring all sales goals are fulfilled, revenue and profitability targets are met while keeping expenses within budget.
- Lead development direction of product, and integration with other offerings in IQVIA
- Approximately 40 – 70 proposal engagements totaling an annual budget of $10 – $20 M.
- Global travel as and when required.
- Should be comfortable with consultative selling, building client relationships, leading and supporting sales efforts, leading meetings and delivering presentations and proposals.
- Must be able to “whiteboard” and consult with a client to determine areas of opportunity across our portfolio of services including SOMS.
- This person is expected to perform a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to synthesize complex business problems and create and articulate potential solutions in a simple and easy to understand narrative.
- Develop and deliver client facing sales presentations at the C-suite Executives.
- Develop and maintain a qualified long-term sales pipeline.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative pipeline reporting and monthly updates on sales status to the SOMS executive oversight team.
- Serve as a primary client contact for software and key consulting sales to ensure appropriate communication channels are maintained.
- Partner with Consulting Services Account Leads, Clinical Trial, Real-World, Software Sales and Commercial Business Development partners to generate and qualify software and consulting leads, meet prospective clients, develop and submit proposals, and close deals.
- Take up sales support responsibility for additional products, services and solutions as necessary.
- Work with other IQVIA Business Development functions to ensure proper and efficient integration of SOMS into clinical trial and real-world sales and RFP response processes.
- Partner as needed with global functions supporting the SOMS business including Marketing, Consulting, Finance, Contracting, Legal, HR, and IT.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to internalize technical capabilities and business applications.
- Work strategically towards realizing and prioritizing prospective customers.
- Demonstrated strong program management skills and ability to work through others to deliver timely and high-quality results.
- Experience working proactively in a pressurized environment and managing competing priorities.
- Highly effective team leadership, mentoring, and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Maintains a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving/analytical skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Act with a sense of urgency, and be able to lead a team.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with stakeholders and customers, and negotiate solutions.
- Excellent software and computer skills, including MS Office applications.
Specific Technical Skills and Experience
- Understanding of overall drug/med-device development process required.
- Understanding and experience with clinical and commercial development processes, including familiarity with trial design and biostatistics processes.
- Prior experience with software and solution sales support desired.
- Understanding of biostatistics concepts preferred; strong prior academic or on the job experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with IQVIA business units/functions and ability to navigate the organization effectively is a plus.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, other sciences, technology, engineering or related fields.
- Advanced degree preferred, preferably MBA, but will consider PhD/other Master’s degree with appropriate combination of experience.
- 10+ years’ work experience in consultative selling, selling and delivering software products and solutions, managing multi-Line Of Business (LOB), and multi-discipline pursuits, negotiation skills on large deals, written and oral communication skills including proposal writing and presentation material development and delivery.
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical and/or Technology industry and eco-system around it.