Invenra is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist with a background in Protein Modeling and/or design. This individual will contribute towards the direction of our drug pipeline from candidate identification through validation. The candidate will utilize computational methods, and work with the project teams to design antigens, build models of lead candidates, identify liabilities in target sequences, and propose mutational libraries to mitigate liabilities, improve the general developability profile, and/or tune binding kinetics. The position requires excellent scientific and problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on creative solutions to technical problems.
All levels will be considered, but special consideration will be given for those with a diverse scientific background with experience in:
- protein expression, protein purification, and assay with a desire to test computational hypotheses in the lab; or
- programming languages such as (but not limited to) Python and R
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Protein Modeling software such as:
- Other equivalent software package
- Demonstrated success with at least one of:
- Protein homology modeling
- De novo design
- In silico stabilization
- Antibody engineering
- Protein-protein interface (affinity) engineering
- Predictable tuning of other protein properties (e.g. enzymatic activity)
Additional Helpful Skills
- Demonstrated skill in utilizing computational methods to make predictions about protein structure, and to design mutational libraries
- Experience programming in languages such as Python or R
- Expertise in Rosetta Design software, including ability to redesign challenging proteins to improve solubility, increase stability, and/or de novo design of small binding domains.
- Experience with general biochemistry, protein expression, purification, and assays
- Knowledge of any of the following will be seen as an advantage:
- Protein engineering (broadly defined), library design and building, and high throughput screening
- Bioinformatic techniques and statistical analysis for processing high throughput, or NGS data
- Other mathematical modeling skills such as PK and biodistribution
- Selection technologies such as yeast display
- Antibody engineering, particularly bispecific antibodies, Fc engineering, and humanization
Scientist level: A Ph.D. in biochemistry, or a related field, or a Master’s with at least 3 years post graduate experience.
Senior Scientist level: A Ph.D. in biochemistry, or a related field with at least 2 years post graduate experience, preferably in industry.
Include a competitive compensation and benefits package composed of health and dental benefits, 401k match, stock option grants, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a generous bonus plan and relocation assistance. At Invenra, we believe in maintaining the highest ethical standards and ensuring that all employees have a good work-life balance.
Invenra is committed to a diverse workforce. We believe every individual brings their own unique experience, and these experiences foster innovation and success. We are enthusiastically inclusive of age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, and military service.