The IRC is a leading provider of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. Throughout the United States, IRC helps to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America through a network of resettlement offices and three offices privately administering statewide or regional refugee programs. The Kansas Office of Refugees (KSOR) was established in July 2016, to administer the Kansas Refugee Program, including statewide coordination, outreach and refugee-focused funding opportunities.
The Kansas Office for Refugee (KSOR) is responsible for the coordination of refugee services across the state of Kansas. In this role, KSOR responds to community needs by organizing and supporting several events, including: stakeholder meetings, quarterly consultation meetings and community forums in multiple areas across Kansas, partner coordination meetings, and bringing in guest speakers to provide training to stakeholders and partners. As part of the KSOR team, the Community Outreach & Event Planning VISTA will provide critical support of the planning and execution of these events. They will also coordinate strategic outreach efforts to ensure all relevant stakeholders are present and engaged in coordination efforts.
Reports to the KSOR Partnership Manager; will work closely with other KSOR staff as needed.
· Promote participation in quarterly consultation meetings and community forums through in-person and online advertisement and outreach.
· Coordinate all logistics for guest speakers and events, including transportation, refreshments, invitations, venues, and the RSVP process.
· Establish project implementation timelines to ensure accurate and timely success of KSOR coordination efforts.
· Develop surveys and other tools to track participation for all KSOR events.
· Assess stakeholder feedback and use it to identify future speakers and technical assistance providers.
· Act as focal point for communications between KSOR and guests.
· Design materials to be used for KSOR events and outreach efforts.
· Serve as KSOR representative for community events, as needed.
· Ensure timely and accurate completion of finance documentation for planned events.
· Other duties as assigned.
AMERICORPS VISTA BENEFITS:
· Biweekly Stipend of $513.94
· Healthcare Benefits
· End of Service award- Choice of Cash Stipend or Education Award
· Relocation allowance, if eligible.
· Childcare assistance, if eligible.
· More information found on AmeriCorps VISTA website
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
· Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders