We are seeking experienced and creative scientist in protein scaffold/antibody engineering who will support the advancement of novel therapeutics targeting the tumor microenvironment (TME). The scientist will conceive and design new modalities to enhance tumor selectivity, modulate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve efficacy/toxicity, and provide durable activity in patients. e.g., designing synthetic protein scaffolds, utilizing data and lead molecules generated from display technologies to develop TME specific therapeutics. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in the design of novel protein scaffolds and antibody constructs, advanced molecular biology techniques, and protein biochemical characterization. As scientific leader you will be collaborating with committed scientists in US and China sites in a science-driven and multidisciplinary teams.
This role may be for you if:
– You have experience in protein engineering and have demonstrated track record and creativity in rational protein engineering
– You have good organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills
– You have proven ability to independently conceive, design and execute experimental plan
– You are motivated and result-driven, with critical thinking, and have proactive willingness for learning
– You can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and in a fast-paced environment
You will also be responsible for
– Developing novel technology platforms to enable the screening and creation of TME specific therapeutics.
– Conceive and design novel scaffolds molecules, including cytokine complexes, single domain antibodies, scfv/antibody fragments and fusion proteins to achieve desired biological outcomes.
– Independently analyze data, troubleshoot technical hurdles, propose next steps and solutions, and present data at cross-functional meetings with scientific rigor
– Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in area of research focus, propose new ideas and contribute to project direction intellectually
– PhD (0-3+ years), M.S. (2-5+ years), or B.S. (5-10+ years) in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field with relevant academic/pharmaceutical industry experience
– Expertise in protein engineering including design, production, and characterization.
– Outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites,
– Established record of independent and innovative research as evidenced by publications and patents
– The following skills are preferred, but we would be willing to train on the job: Biophysical characterization: protein-protein interactions (cellular binding, SPR, BLI), biochemical analyses (SEC, IEX, DLS, DSF, DSC), and LC/MS analysis
– Knowledge and experience in biologics drug and development is a plus