We are seeking a Ph.D. scientist to join the Antibody and Protein Engineering Group at Innovent Bio. This individual will drive the advancement of novel therapeutics by developing novel bispecific molecules across multiple therapeutic areas such as oncology, auto-immune disease, metabolism and cardiovascular in our new state-of-the-art research facility located in Rockville, Maryland. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in the design of protein/antibody constructs (strong expertise in protein engineering and display technologies, preferably yeast and phage display), advanced molecular biology techniques, protein biochemical characterization, and structural modeling and analysis for rational engineering of novel therapies. As a scientific leader you will be collaborating with committed scientists in US and China sites in a science-driven and multidisciplinary teams.
You will also be responsible for
- Developing novel technology platforms to enable the screening and creation of next generation antibody therapeutics.
- Conceive and design novel bispecific molecules, including cytokine complexes, and fusion proteins to achieve desired biological outcomes.
- Independently analyze data, troubleshoot technical hurdles, propose next steps and solutions, and present data at cross-functional meetings with scientific rigor
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in area of research focus, propose new ideas and contribute to project direction intellectually
- To be considered for this role, you must have a Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology or Biotechnology with 3-5 years post-doctoral or industry experience. Demonstrated experience in antibody/protein engineering and structural biology with a proven track of publication record. We are seeking strong hands-on skills with molecular cloning and construct design, protein expression, purification and biochemical characterization. Familiarity with structure modeling and analysis is required. The following skills are preferred, but we would be willing to train on the job: Biophysical characterization: protein-protein interactions (cellular binding, SPR, BLI), biochemical analyses (SEC, IEX, DLS, DSC, DSF), and LC/MS analysis