Are you motivated by helping others learn and achieve goals? Do you consider yourself a “jack of all trades and master of design”? Can you transform even the dullest of content into a compelling and engaging story? Are you energized by turning information into a dynamic, visual, and stimulating experience? If you answered “yes” to the questions, then the Instructional Designer for Sales Training and Enablement may be the right fit for you. We are looking for a candidate that approaches all projects with a needs-based mindset that supports the business and sales strategy. The instructional designer will be the point of contact for multiple sales training and enablement projects and will need to meet the diverse learning styles, opportunities, problems, and training needs of the sales organization. This person will work with the sales training and enablement team, functional area SMEs, sales leaders, and sellers to ensure business objectives are met through training curriculum. The Instructional Designer will focus primarily on e-Learning training projects, but will also assist in the development and execution of virtual and in-person sales training for product, sales skills, sales methodology, and sales tools.
This is a contract role with the contract running through the remainder of 2021, for 30-40 hours per week, with the potential to become a full-time permanent role in Spring or Summer of 2022.
Project Management (30%):
- Partner with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) in sales, marketing, product, and other functional areas to conduct a needs analysis for sales training projects and to ensure effective follow-through and management of sales enablement programs.
- Manage overall e-Learning projects throughout the entire lifecycle to ensure a consistent training experience for all sellers that directly impact sales success.
- Develop and maintain highly engaging and interactive sales learning solutions, training modules and materials for 300+ sellers across multiple divisions, including MarTech (CPG & Retail), FinTech, and SupplyTech (Healthcare & Supply Chain).
- Design e-Learning sales training modules with topics ranging from product education to sales skills development to sales tools.
- Apply advanced adult learning theories into practical, application-based sales learning solutions.
- Audit sales training and enablement materials and modules to ensure sales training matches with identified opportunities and leader directives for improvement.
- Support the maintenance of the Learning Management System and the Content Management System to ensure the sellers are able to easily access the correct learning content.
- Acquire and apply new technology skills to instructional design practice.
- Assist in the creation of comprehensive measurement strategies for all sales e-Learning solutions to demonstrate business impact and effectiveness.
- Promote collaboration, partnerships and relationships among the participants and stakeholders in a sales training and enablement project.
Instructional Designer Qualifications / Skills:
The right candidate will have the ability to…
- Lead projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Receive multiple pieces of information and synthesize the content into an engaging and effective story.
- Build and cultivate relationships with team members and SMEs.
- Lead with influence and by example, even when not in a leadership role.
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal formats.
- Work independently on multiple projects while maintaining the drive for project completion.
- Solve problems in a creative way.
- Show curiosity and the desire to try new things by stretching yourself and expanding your way of thinking.
- Stay focused on different tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Meet deadlines, schedule, and maintain workflow and task management to effectively and efficiently achieve the desired outcomes.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s (or working towards) in Adult learning or Instructional Design/Technology preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Mastery of industry standard design software (Articulate 360 strongly preferred).
- Project management experience.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, video, micro-learning, simulations, and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements.
- Write scripts, record audio and edit audio following ADA rules and guidelines.
- Experience designing sales training and enablement learning solutions.
- Experience developing training across multiple industries and lines of business preferred, with special emphasis on technology-enabled products and services.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
- Support a safe work environment by following safety rules and regulations and reporting all safety hazards.
As an Inmar Associate, you:
- Put clients first and consistently display a positive attitude and behaviors that demonstrate an awareness and willingness to listen and respond to clients in order to meet their short-term and long-term needs, requirements and exceed their expectations.
- Treat clients and teammates with courtesy, consideration and tact; you also have the ability to perceive the needs of internal and external clients and communicate effectively with the objective of delighting and retaining the client.
- Build collaborative relationships and work cooperatively with others, inside and outside the organization, to accomplish objectives, develop and maintain mutually-beneficial partnerships, leverage information and achieve results.
- Set and attain achievable, yet aggressive, goals with a sense of urgency and accountability.
- Understand that results are important and focus on turning mission into action to achieve results following the principles of Flawless Execution while consistently complying with quality, service and productivity standards to meet deadlines and exceed expectations by giving our clients the best. #LI-JG1 #LI-remote