Index AR Solutions is seeking a technical writer for electronic books with excellent organizational and communications skills.
The writer is the hub of all research and technical text writing on a digital publishing project and is responsible for outlining, writing, and editing textual content, building relationships with clients on the job, and at times assisting in directing media generation. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment and able to wear multiple hats as needed to complete the project.
- Researching –work with technical information to become familiar with client-related content.
- Writing- outline, organize, and write textual content in book form.
- Communicate – build relationships with clients over calls and on the job, at times will involve directing people during video and photo shoots.
- Travel –travel on site for video and photo shoots with clients.
- Edit – revise, on the final edit, all textual content and some media.
- A college degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, English, History, or equivalent experience; other college degrees will be considered if applicability to electronic book writer can be shown. . Training will be provided for developing content in digital publishing software if needed.
- Must have the willingness and capacity to learn new skills and information.
- Must have demonstrated ability to absorb and write about technical information.
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize what needs to be done and do it.
- Able to remain flexible to resolve challenges as they arise, resolve conflicts, and coordinate resources. The candidate should be comfortable with filling gray space when it arises.
- Must be able to manage workflows of a writing schedule and remain on schedule.
- Experience working with photoshop within Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design, or familiarity with photography and videography a plus.
- Ability to assist in page layout design & formatting is a plus.
- Must work on location at Index AR Solutions for the first two years.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
About Index AR Solutions
Index AR Solutions is an entrepreneurial startup that develops and deploys custom built augmented reality based mobile solutions to solve client challenges. Index also creates a family SuperApp® applications that solve specific challenges across an industrial sector. Our applications serve a wide range of industries: aerospace, construction, manufacturing, mining, shipbuilding, logistics, energy and utilities, equipment maintenance and operation, sales, and workforce education. To learn more about Index AR Solutions, visit www.indexarsolutions.com