Precision medicine for pets with cancer
Do you want to be part of an innovative company that is harnessing the power of high-throughput biology and AI to improve the treatment of cancer? Do you think that pets with cancer deserve medical care that’s as good as pet parents (or better)? ImpriMed has helped hundreds of veterinary oncologists choose precision drug treatments tailored to the biology of individual cancer patients, and we are growing our team to match our rapidly expanding customer base. ImpriMed (www.imprimedicine.com) is a startup company that was launched to deliver novel high-throughput testing technology to cancer patients around the globe. Our technology generates drug-cell interaction data using a patient’s live cancer cells to measure the efficacy of commonly used anti-cancer drugs. We use this technology, other in-house lab tests, and a database of real-world treatment outcomes to train AI models that accurately predict the drugs most likely to destroy a patient’s cancer cells. Our test results and drug efficacy predictions provide healthcare providers with the information that they need to make the best possible treatment decisions for their patients. Constructed from pet cancer patient data, the ImpriMed database and AI-based prediction models will also be a valuable resource for translational applications in human oncology.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Research Associate who can facilitate the company’s technology and science development. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and collaborative skills with experience in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture. The candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US. This role is full-time and will be based in our headquarters, Palo Alto, California.
- Assist in handling and processing of patient’s clinical samples (blood and tissue biopsy) submitted to the company’s diagnostic laboratory, mainly including recovery of the genetic materials and investigation of the cell phenotypes.
- Independently conduct experiments using standard protocols in an efficient manner with no errors.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological or biomedical sciences/engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of related bench work experiences in academia or industry
- 2+ years mammalian cell culture/engineering in academia or industry
- 1+ years experience in high-throughput platforms using microwell plates
- Ability to organize effectively and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) to develop strong work relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes
- General computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Passionate about working in a fun, fast-paced, and intellectually challenging environment
- Proficiency in some of the following: DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, and flow cytometry
- Experience with handling the primary cells derived from patient’s clinical samples
- Knowledge in cancer biology / data science / statistics
To learn more about this position or to apply, please email at email@example.com