IMP is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven hands-on developer to join IMP’s Innovative Technology Practice. You will contribute to the technical development of IMP’s service offerings for our high-profile investment management clients. Your primary responsibilities will be to contribute to the development team and support our consulting team, working with commercial products. You will help us continue to develop existing applications and architect new and innovative tools and solutions to help deliver our consulting projects on time and on budget.
You will participate in technical and design discussions with the development team members and participate in the development lifecycle from prototype to release. You will also work closely with our team to accelerate time to market for new tools and technical solutions while keeping abreast of key technology developments.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of/experience in:
- Release management and versioning/source control
- Test planning with automated testing solutions such as Test Café or Selenium
- Troubleshooting software systems, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Software engineering best practices
Additional desired skills/knowledge:
- Experience with either React.js, Vue.js, Angular, or AngularJS, and their core principles (Vue.js preferred)
- Experience with Python and Machine Learning/AI.
- Experience with styled components such as Vuetify
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience in benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient in data design using Microsoft SQL Server and writing queries, views, triggers and stored procedures
- Experience in using DevExpress/DevExtreme preferred
- Undergraduate Degree from an Accredited College or University in Computer Science or related field or honorably discharged veteran with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
Location is Boston, MA but remote candidates will be considered. Up to 20% travel may be required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick days)
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter and resume.
IMP (Implementation Management Professionals) is a Boston-based consultancy in the investment management technology space. IMP offers advisory services, system review and selection, and implementation projects across the front, middle and back-office. Known for our deep subject matter expertise in trade order management, compliance, performance and accounting systems, IMP’s Consultants understand the commercial landscape and have specialized hands-on experience with the world’s leading investment software products.
For over a decade IMP has provided customized solutions for asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, insurance companies, and global banks that span from hedge funds managing $100 million in assets under management (AUM) to asset management firms with over $2 trillion in AUM.