IMP is seeking versatile client-facing Associates to join our growing team. Our client projects can include data integration projects, vendor searches, compliance, trade order management system implementations, and more. The ideal candidate will bring both industry and technical skills to IMP engagement teams, helping to ensure that our clients are utilizing the most out of their investment systems. As a client-facing Associate, you will work with your mentor and learn IMP’s cutting edge methodologies to solve our clients’ most complex trade order management, compliance and middle office challenges. Our project management focused roadmap and toolkit helps consultants drive their projects and ensure great client outcomes.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Participating as part of the team in client project scoping (how to plan, deliver and kick-off a project)
- Assisting in project analysis (requirements gathering, interviews, workflow analysis, and data analysis)
- Executing testing plans (i.e. unit testing, use case testing, organized QA/UAT/Parallel testing)
- Assisting in the planning, organization, and executing of all tasks involved in the migration process from the test environment to the go-live environment
- Work with the team to execute all tasks in the client’s “post-go-live” environment.
- Other responsibilities may include market research; thought leadership on investment management technological trends, and internal strategic company initiatives to help expand our service offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- 0-2 years of investment management experience (experience may include relevant internship experience or project related experience in investment technology) Or US Military experience with logistics and planning.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills
- Strong knowledge of equities, fixed income, derivatives, and the trade order life cycle
- Solid written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with trade order management systems is a plus
- Experienced in creating and executing test plans on projects is a plus
- Understanding of compliance and the Investment Company Act of 1940 is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases and how to code SQL in Oracle, MS SQL Server or Sybase is a plus
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick days)
Send Cover Letter and Resume