Reports to: Test Center Manager
Location: Faneuil Hall in Boston’s Financial District
ILSC is looking for Proctors to join our team in Boston! Proctors will work on test days to support candidates and other test day staff to invigilate IELTS language tests.
Prior experience as a proctor is an asset but is not required. If you have experience working in customer service and want to pick up some additional work on the weekend, please apply to join our team! Our test centre is located downtown Boston in the Financial District. Tests are conducted on Saturdays, and the typical schedule will be between 7:00 am and 4:00 pm, but the hours may vary. Proctors will be asked to work a minimum of two test days per month.
The compensation for this position is $15.00 per hour.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for test room/lab set-up (includes arranging tables and chairs), security and administration of test materials
- Responsible for I.D. checks, and test takers check-in procedures
- Re-set of test rooms post-test
- Closely follow and enforce testing procedures and regulations
- Report to the test day supervisor all testing issues and ocncerns
- Read a script to test takers
- Responsible for the security of the test room and the return of all testing equipment and materials to the test day supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- Successful completion of secondary/high school diploma/GED
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have problem-solving and organizational skills
- Punctuality and reliability on test days is very important
- Must be team-oriented
- Previous experience of administering tests or examinations will be an asset
To apply, we kindly ask you submit an application through our Career Center. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Candidates who successfully complete an interview will be invited to participate in a 3-hour online training session. The pre-service training provided is unpaid, and qualifies the candidate be hired to commence working on a casual, as-needed basis.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 8 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
In accordance with ILSC’s Accessibility policy, ILSC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment.