IGM Biosciences (Nasdaq: IGMS) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on creating and developing engineered IgM antibodies. IgM antibodies have inherent properties that we believe may enable them to improve upon the efficacy and safety of IgG antibodies in multiple therapeutic applications.
We have created a proprietary IgM antibody technology platform that we believe is particularly well suited for developing T cell engagers, receptor cross-linking agonists, and targeted cytokines. Our lead product candidate, IGM-2323, is a bispecific T cell engaging IgM antibody targeting CD20 and CD3, and we have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory B cell Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) patients in 2019. Our second product candidate is IGM-8444, an IgM antibody targeting Death Receptor 5 (DR5) for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies, for which we have recently initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial. Also, in our product pipeline is IGM-7354, a bispecific IgM antibody delivering interleukin-15 (IL-15) cytokines to PD-L1 expressing cells for the treatment of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
We are seeking a highly motivated bench Scientist to join our Antibody Protein Science department who will contribute to pioneering the next generation of IgM- and IgA-based biotherapeutics. The successful candidate will engineer our IgMs and IgAs through rational design and/or molecular evolution technologies to enable them with new capabilities or enhance their existing properties. At IGM you’ll bring a strong technical background in structural biology, molecular modeling, and protein engineering to join a team of interdisciplinary scientists who are at the forefront of developing novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
- Engineer and screen antibodies with robotic high throughput protein expression system
- Express and purify enzymes and antibodies in mammalian cell
- Program Hamilton liquid handler for biochemical and cell-based assays
- Analyze by PAGE, Western blot, Octet, Carterra, and SEC
- Maintain thorough electronic lab records, and adhering to health and safety regulations
- Prior experience working with high throughput, plate-based purification of proteins with an ability to continuously improve purification processes with new technology is preferred.
- Prior hands-on experience with using the Forte Bio Octet instrument to measure titer and binding affinity is preferred.
- Ability to lead and mentor non-Ph.D. level Scientists in a matrix setting is preferred for Sr. level candidates with industry experience.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small start-up environment is preferred.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or related fields with 4 or more years of post-Ph.D. experience in the biopharma industry, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Extensive experience in protein purification using a variety of chromatographic techniques with hands-on experience using and maintaining AKTA FPLC systems with Unicorn software.
- Experience with automation, enzyme and antibody engineering, ELISA, and cell-based assay
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and programming languages.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Prior experience using analytical HPLC (SEC, RP, IEX) to evaluate proteins during the development of the purification process.
- Good understanding of biophysical techniques such as DSF, DSC, DLS, IEF, BLI, SPR used to characterize antibodies.
- Ability to evaluate purification processes for scalability, cost, and quality and then transfer to CROs.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and communication skills and ability to clearly and effectively present data at group and company meetings.
- Strong team player who is respectful of others
We offer a fast-paced, collaborative, team-based, and family-like work environment.
One of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families. To achieve this goal, we offer comprehensive benefits with a variety of options:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. The full premium amount for our employees and their dependents is covered by IGM
- STD, LTD, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- 120 hours of Paid Time Off, 5 sick days per year, 10 holidays
- Cell phone & internet subsidy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual training budget for professional development
- Commuter Benefit
- Annual bonus program
- New hire stock options
IGM is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.