Biologics Manufacturing Technician
Location: Bedford, MA
Duration: 11-12 months
The purpose of this position is:
– Works in Reagents areas.
– Manufactures Matrigel using well defined processes.
The position includes significant duties, such as:
– Makes buffers and sets up production runs.
– Prepares and tests tissue fractions.
– Interacts with Quality Assurance to identify non-conformance issues.
– Manufactures products using centrifugation, buffer extractions, filtration, and dialysis methods.
– Uses ERP system to perform production transactions.
– Good working conditions.
– Work in clean rooms, general lab, and cold room ranging from 2 to minus 20 degrees Celsius, where specified PPE for each area is required.
– Frequently lifts and/or moves material and/or objects up to 25 pounds.
– May handle hazardous material in controlled environment.
– 1-3 years’ experience preferable in a laboratory, life sciences environment.
– Willing to work as a team player
– Open to cross training and becoming multi-skilled.
– Lab experience working with lab equipment and tools
– 5S and lean manufacturing knowledge (Preferred, but not required.)
– Able to take direction and work on production requirements as needed. (After training)