At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Delivers high quality standards and strives for excellence; acts in a proactive, flexible and responsive manner to customer needs which may necessitate overtime and weekend work at times.
• Travel (approximately 0%) domestic and/or international.
• Responsible to complete the day-to-day activities required to maintain the bioanalytical laboratory including responsibility for independently conducting validated assays on biological samples from pre-clinical and clinical trials for pharmaceutical and biotechnology projects under general supervision.*
• Supports data input into laboratory information management systems including documenting receipt, entering and maintaining inventory of assay reagents, supplies and controls required for use in bioanalytical methods.*
• Prepares reagents, buffers, solutions and solvents in accordance with SOPs, methods and/or Sponsor instructions.*
• Trains on, employs and maintains routine operation, maintenance and theory of instrumentation and software systems.
• Manages and keeps current all training requirements.
• Follows SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility.*
• Responsible for review and transformation/regression of results and data comparison against method acceptance criteria, methodology and other relevant direction documents.*
• Analyzes data and interprets results with input from senior staff but with expectation to develop increasing competency for independent delivery.*
• Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment.
• Makes detailed observations of experiments; record experimental data and maintains accurate and highly organized laboratory documentation including summaries; as well as performs peer review of peer records to create timely, accurate, legible, error-free lab records.*
• Must make and document scientific observations and identify and solve problems in experimental designs with decreasing input from senior staff.
• Keeps managers and Project Leaders informed of study status, technical problems and other issues which impact the laboratory.
• Responsible for initiation and timely completion of work assigned and assists in meeting project and study goals.
• Advises the laboratory managers and Project Leaders of any deviations or factors that may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of the data.
• To undertake other reasonably related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Effectively interfaces with other Scientists, Managers, Project Leaders, other members of the bioanalytical team, Sponsors and at scientific meetings.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.