ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Who are you?
You are a hard worker who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Your attention to detail and organizational skills has won you praise and you are regularly commended for meeting and beating deadlines. You look to make improvements – not accepting the status quo, but actively identifying issues that might put a project or deliverable at risk. You proactively look to do more and learn more!
In this next step on your journey, you want to put your competitive, driven nature to work in an environment in which you can sharpen your business acumen, learn the CRO industry from the inside out, gain visibility and recognition. Additionally, you want to work for a company that both supports your professional growth and helps you find a work/life balance that lets you pursue your career passion and still be you. Most of all, you want to do it in a place where you’re part of a team of experts as zealous about their work as you are.
You are a Project Associate!
This role allows new graduates to gain invaluable CRO industry experience while learning ICON’s processes and policies. Within the first 12 months, you will aim to develop an individual learning plan with your leadership team that will set the next steps in motion toward your desired career path within the organisation. Over 32 unique career pathways have been set out to date to allow growth through all areas of the organisation, both clinical and non-clinical roles.
What will you be doing?
Develops/maintains study documents and utilizes company systems to manage clinical/biomedical studies. Provides administrative support to project team members in clinical operations and project management. Works with the project team to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with contract and client expectations:
- Organizes project team and client meetings including scheduling, meeting materials, binders, agendas and meeting minutes.
- Organizes study information and supplies. Generates and maintains organizational charts, team calendar, newsletters, mass mailings, project specific information including but not limited to process flow charts, contact lists, holiday lists, study website, mailing labels. Tracks, dispatches and maintains study supplies following applicable company processes.
- Manages internal and client project reporting. Generates and reviews for accuracy reports to facilitate project status and financial reporting. Completes system updates and queries.
- Supports project manager with financial tasks. Has oversight of purchase order process including creating and processing purchase orders and processing study invoices. May process Investigator payments.
- May support preparation of study files by maintaining and distributing project documents. Ensures documents within the electronic trial master file comply with filing/naming guidelines and have the correct status.
- Uses the learning management system to assign project-specific training to team members and tracks training compliance.
What you need to have?
- Minimum of a HS Diploma
- Associates degree or international equivalent in business, finance, health sciences or related field, or higher preferred
- 2 years’ experience in clinical project administration or other relevant experience, required for level 2 positions
- CRO, pharmaceutical or clinical research experience, preferred
- Previous experience using computerized information systems and standard application software (Windows, MS Office)
- High working knowledge with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Previous experience maintaining numerous Excel trackers, preferred
- Previous experience building PowerPoint slides, preferred
- Ability to type 45 words per minutes, preferred
- Previous experience taking meeting minutes and facilitating and scheduling MS TEAMS and WebEx meetings, preferred
This position can allow 2 days work from home upon 30 days of proven performance and manager approval.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.