Healthcare Intelligence Experts
Symphony Health, part of the ICON plc family, is a team of curious thinkers and intellectual problem solvers driving the healthcare data industry forward. We leverage our large, integrated healthcare data repository and our analytic expertise to build customized, agile data solutions which answer the questions our clients — life science manufacturers, payers, and providers — have today, as well as those they’ll have tomorrow. Together, we can help patients get the right drugs at the right times.
At Symphony Health, we also pride ourselves on being collaborative and customer centric, and we do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Differentiate ourselves by providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture which does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Depending on the unit a Data Scientist is assigned to, below are some of the potential responsibilities/duties:
- Applies sound business practices, information and technology to current position; applies job knowledge and skills to produce quality work; continually updates technical and professional expertise and appropriate job requirements
- Appropriately balances the quantity/quality of own work with the business situation; demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and a sense of urgency when completing work.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (customers, internal IT teams, etc) to understand business needs, ensure data integrity and flow efficiency, and to create tools for customer utilization.
- Collaborate with IT group to transform and prepare data for analysis.
- Contribute to RFPs and customer requests as necessary in collaboration with business development.
- Coordinate analysis with Third Party
- Develop algorithms and applications to apply mathematics to data, perform large scale experimentation and build data driven tools to translate data into intelligence. Provide insights into data patterns.
- Drive implementations of Privacy redactions with Internal Teams.
- Enhance or create new quality control methods to evaluate the accuracy of deliverable and/or project analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Finalize and deliver the results of assigned projects to internal clients
- Interpret Third Party reports to the business
- Manipulate and / or build query statements to perform data extracts across multiple data sets and platforms.
- Perform analyses and participates in the development of deliverable content.
- Performs duties in support of development of automating predictive modeling products.
- Performs duties in support of development of text analysis products.
- Performs duties in support of the current projection processes to ensure accurate projection results.
- Produces clear tool extracts/reports to provide deliverables to customers that are clear and efficient.
- Produces clear tools/visitations and reports to provide deliverables to customers that are clear and efficient.
- Provide quality validations and on-going support of client and projects.
- Provide recommendations based on analyzed data to solve a variety of business problems and enable business strategy.
- Provide thought leadership on developing and executing data analysis protocols.
- Respond to inquiries and follow up on data validations
- Review projects and work across teams to understand scope and timeline Route projects for additional analysis and work with Third Party to review projects
- Strong ability to think strategically and be proactive
- Strong ability to translate data driving insights into decisions and actions.
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively, as appropriate, to meet designated production deadlines
- Strong analytical and assessments skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience with applied statistics, including regression models.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with relational databases, scripting languages, statistical computing packages.
- Strong project management skills.
- Validate and enhance projection methodologies.
- Experience working with Natural Language Processing preferred.
- Knowledge of machine learning and predictive modeling.
- Experience using Python.
- Knowledge of database operations such as those found in pandas and relational database query languages such as SQL.
- Experience in Spark, AWS, Hadoop, or other distributed computing environments.
- Master’s degree or international equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or similar analytical fields.
- Experience in handling time-series and image data is a bonus.
- Expert skills in SAS and SQL
- Experience in predictive modeling such as regression analysis, A/B testing, etc.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak fluent English and host country language.
*This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career – both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.