At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM’s Intellectual Property and Licensing organization is missioned with both defending IBM’s vast array of patents and other IP assets, as well as driving a significant amount of IBM’s net income through licensing or selling IBM IP.This team works closely with our clients to identify opportunities to advance their business objectives by leveraging assets from IBM Brands and IBM Research, worldwide. The team is comprised of seasoned IBM sales professionals, offering development professionals and a highly technical staff as well as experienced executives who have a deep understanding of IBM’s Patent, Brands and Research product portfolios.
The IBM Intellectual Property team is seeking highly talented graduate level students to fill consultative, client-focused, relationship sales roles.
At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
You will give an overview of your project (it’s value and use), when you begin and upon completion, you will launch your product, asset or tool at our final showcase event and teach your team how to use your project across the IP organization and IBM.
This is a summer 2022 position. Applicants should be graduate students pursuing a Master’s degree in Business (MBA) and have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar disciplines. Intern position will be in New York City.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM solves the world’s problems. Be a part of the solution!
You will actively:
• Work directly with sales professionals on client opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team
• Shadow sales representatives for insight on the responsibilities of the profession
• Prospect for new business, including proactive outreach to new prospects to generate interest in IBM offerings
• Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and hardware technology solutions
• Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions.
• Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to grow current clients and generate new business opportunities
• Grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work on business development for any of the following brands and areas: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security or Systems Hardware – Business areas and brands including: IBM Intellectual Property, Cloud and Cognitive Services, IBM Consulting, Data & AI, Patent Tech and Licensing, Research, and Systems and more.
The goal of the internship is to have hands on experience working with an experienced IBM business development person on their active client engagements. Candidates must be willing to work onsite in New York City, NY.
Senior Brand Sales Specialist Interns have a passion for sales and are successful in the following:
• Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
• Attraction for working with clients via social engagement tools/interactions
• Confident to engage new customers and deliver an elevated experience
• Be a self-starter and have proven leadership experience
• Capacity to grasp and communicate technical details
• Research and analytical skills
• Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Have customer sales/service experience
• Team collaboration
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Registered full-time university graduate student
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar disciplines
• Prior work experience in a client sales role (3+ years)
• English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Prior work experience as a seller intern or worked in a sales capacity
• Programming/development coursework or experience