The IBM Global Markets team is seeking highly talented graduate level students to fill consultative, client-focused, relationship sales roles.At IBM, we’re motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
This is a summer 2022 position. Applicants should be graduate students pursuing a Master’s degree in Business (MBA) and have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar disciplines. Intern positions are in major cities across the US.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM solves the world’s problems. Be a part of the solution!
You will actively:
- Work directly with sales professionals on client opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team
- Shadow sales representatives for insight on the responsibilities of the profession
- Prospect for new business, including proactive outreach to new prospects to generate interest in IBM offerings
- Help clients of all sizes and markets grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and hardware technology solutions
- Demonstrate consultative sales techniques, technology solution knowledge and industry expertise to influence client decisions.
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to grow current clients and generate new business opportunities
- Grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, technical solutions, and industry applications to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements
This position requires a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following: Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security or Systems Hardware.
Summit opportunities are available in one of 7 metro regions: Atlanta GA, Boston MA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, New York NY, San Francisco CA, and Washington DC.
Training may require up to 10% travel.
Senior Brand Solution Sales Specialist Interns have a passion for sales and are successful in the following:
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions
- Attraction for working with clients via social engagement tools/interactions
- Confident to engage new customers and deliver an elevated experience
- Be a self-starter and have proven leadership experience
- Capacity to grasp and communicate technical details
- Research and analytical skills
- Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Have customer sales/service experience
- Team collaboration
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program, please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Registered full-time university graduate student
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or similar disciplines
- Prior work experience in a client sales role (3+ years)
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Master’s degree in Business (MBA) or similar disciplines