Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Enterprise Strategy is a management consulting group focused on business strategy in the digital age. We advise clients on business transformation through an analytical approach that combines human-centered design with an understanding of emerging technologies and platforms.
IBM Enterprise Strategy is the “tip of the spear” for IBM’s engagement with senior business leaders, bringing together IBM’s unique capabilities across strategy, innovation, design, data analytics, cognitive computing, and technology platforms to develop and deliver high-impact transformation programs. Our team’s senior partners have decades of experience at top consulting firms and IBM Enterprise Strategy will provide you with the opportunity to work side by side with senior executives across industries.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Consultant At IBM?
- Mental curiosity to question, research, clearly define problems, and work out innovative solutions
- Passion to understand the applications of emerging technologies and adapt modern approaches to client problems
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the desire to take ambiguous problems and deliver creative and well-structured solutions; as well as applying deep analytical skills to ensure recommendations are informed by data and insights
- Focus on ensuring the success of your team and client, with an ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, create structure to solve ambiguous problems, and share/incorporate feedback
- Powerful communication and storytelling skills, successfully applying verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to business leaders and team members
- Aptitude and interpersonal skills to thrive in an intense team atmosphere, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You’ll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environment
- 2+ years of experience in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, and/or performance management
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, in a startup, or other business environment
- Industry expertise in Healthcare / Life Sciences, Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Travel & Transportation, Energy, Environment, & Utilities, Insurance, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Chemicals & Petroleum, or Electronics
- Functional expertise in modern marketing optimization, sales optimization, service optimization, ventures and partnership development, product management, supply chain management, organizational design, operating model design, performance management
- Experienced with 1+ of the following:
- Incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation
- Working in an Agile environment and/or Scrum/Agile certified
- Working with large and complex data sets to develop actionable insights, leveraging modern tools such as SAS, Python, R, Stata, SQL, as well as advanced functions in Excel
- Developing business cases and financial models
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable – Professional Hire
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?