At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and ResponsibilitiesStart and end dates for this internship are during summer 2022 (3 months)
As a DevOps Engineer Summer Intern you will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services. You will cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
What You’ll Do:
• Work with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
• Design and develop industry impacting services using open source and commercial technologies at scale
• Manage and allocate tools, accelerators, frameworks, templates and other assets related to engineering productivity and quality that enable service delivery
• Foster an environment that enables teams to do things correctly, quickly, consistently and with less effort and learning.
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand. Please note, opportunities on the West Coast and NYC are extremely limited.
AZ – Tucson
CA – Costa Mesa, Emeryville, Foster City, San Francisco, San Jose
CT – Southbury
GA – Brookhaven, Sandy Springs
KS – Leawood
MA – Andover, Cambridge, Lowell
MN – Rochester
NY – Armonk, NYC, Poughkeepsie, Yorktown Heights
NC – Charlotte, Research Triangle Park
OH – Columbus
PA – Pittsburgh
TX – Austin, Dallas, Houston
VA – Herndon
VT – Essex Junction
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge in Python, Ruby and/or Go.
- Basic knowledge/experience in Linux fundamentals and scripting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of Chef, Ansible or other configuration management tool
- Basic knowledge of git and git workflows