Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start dates for this internship position are during Summer 2022 (3 months). You must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate degree-seeking program throughout the internship term in order to qualify.
IBM CIO (Chief Information Office) Organization is looking for innovative talent who bring fresh new ideas to create a productive environment for all IBMers across the globe. Our mission is to provide the best work experience in a digital workplace to all IBM employees and consequently, positively impact on the way IBM delivers what our clients need.
Are you interested in working in an innovative and collaborative environment? If so, this is your chance to work in the first IBM area to become agile and to create meaningful solutions that impact our technology and business transformation for a new business era!
We are looking for an Undergraduate Design Operations Intern to join our team late May – mid August 2022.
Design Operations Interns at IBM help to remove friction from our design teams by bringing about operational process efficiencies and improvements. As a Design Operations Intern, you will work closely with Program Managers, stakeholders, talented designers, and others in a multidisciplinary team to design programs to support our team. Design Operations Interns may be responsible for various tasks associated with designer support and productivity, including allocation and staffing, software procurement, tool admin and security, workflow improvement, and metrics.
- Metrics analysis to identify trends and drive meaningful improvement
- Establish strong team partnerships
- Assist with on-going team assignments
- Plan and execute key Agile ceremonies
- Help others to be engaged and perform at their best
Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate degree throughout the internship term, preferably in Design Management, User Experience Design, Organizational Development, or a related field.
This is an office-based position in New York, NY.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Design Thinking and Agile ceremonies and practices and/or Project Management
- Experiencing in communicating findings in a clear, concise manner to key stakeholders, using various channels and artifacts as appropriate
- Basic knowledge or experience in design or other creative endeavors such as photography, drawing, technology, etc.
- Proficiency using project management tools, metrics tracking and reporting, and communication tools
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge or experience in research and reporting
- Experience in supporting and planning work across teams
- Knowledge of design workflows and processes