IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment — you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you’ve always imagined.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work at the intersection of technology, people, and process, helping your clients transform how they conduct business to cope with shifts in the market, and more closely align them with their business strategy and vision. Business Transformation Senior Consultants develop an understanding of client processes, goals and objectives to define their future state and the path to get them there. You will help your clients understand digital and cognitive technologies and the impact that those technologies can have on traditional business processes. Depending on your knowledge, exposure and expertise, we have opportunities available in the following areas:Enterprise Strategy: As an Enterprise Strategy Senior Consultant, you’ll work at the intersection of progressive strategy and transformational technology. Key areas in which Digital Business Strategy consultants work are digital reinvention, emerging technologies and user experience strategy. Envision new areas and strategies for clients to reinvent their business according to a digital agenda – from idea to reality. Utilize your experience with business case development, road mapping and developing target operating models, feasibility assessments, and change management implementation. Conduct audience research to understand a client’s end users, evaluate existing client digital experiences against industry best practices, and develop plans to enable improved user experiences.
Talent & Transformation (T&T): Talent & Transformation Senior Consultants enable leadership of client organizations to adapt their strategic talent practices and systems to meet the demands of increasingly sophisticated technologies and skillset requirements. Our transformative offerings solutions suite includes Human Resources Reinvention, Talent Acquisition and Development Optimization, and Enterprise Change and Transformation. They help differentiate high and low performers, selection systems, stimulate social networking, manage globally dispersed workforces, promote the creation of institutional knowledge and embrace flexible work environments using tools like process design, systems implementation, change management and talent analytics.
What Do We Look For In A Successful Senior Consultant At IBM?
- Self-starter with a passion for client service and solving complex business issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills, progression in leadership roles & responsibilities with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Powerful communication skills, successfully using multiple verbal and non-verbal behaviors to deliver a compelling and engaging response
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to exceed clients’ expectations
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands
- Ability to advise clients with a strategic mindset and complement that business strategy with the ability to guide a client through technology enabled transformation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Many jobs within IBM Service’s Federal Sector require U.S. citizenship and/or security clearance because of government or contract requirements. If you are not a U.S. citizen or are unable to obtain security clearance, there may be limited work opportunities for you, which may affect your continued employment at IBM.
· Bachelor’s degree
· MA, MBA, MPA, MPP or MS at time of start
· Availability to start in 2022
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 100%. While most projects are local to the DC Metro area, the Federal Sector’s portfolio of projects spans the US. Candidates are not able to refuse assignments based on travel
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in pursuing your master’s degree with concentrations in 1 of the following areas:
- Business Administration/Management or Public Policy majors with Business Technology Strategy, Business Process Management
- Organizational Design or Development, Change Management, Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, Training & Development, Curriculum Design & Development
- Prior consulting &/or relevant work experience in one of the following industries: Federal, State & Local Government
- A passion for the Federal Sector, coupled with the ability to understand challenges that governments and their workers face and the ability to provide solutions that will provide long term value to the citizens of this country
- Capacity and eagerness to learn new assignments, systems, and tools
- Aptitude for technology tools and applications
- Experience or certification working in the Agile method and/or Six Sigma