We are actively seeking a Senior Design Researcher who is empathetic with users, passionate about representing their needs, and experienced in leading exploratory and participatory research methods to uncover insights that will inform and inspire design and innovation. At IA Collaborative, Research and Strategy development is critical at every point in the design process to ensure that all project deliverables are on strategy, creative concepts are impactful and user centered, and client objectives are achieved.
As a Senior Design Researcher, you will:
- Develop research plans and methodologies based on an understanding of your clients’ goals; recruit research participants and lead user research in the field to discover insights first-hand through interviews, intercepts, contextual observations, and other creative methods
- Lead and collaborate in the synthesis process to create captivating research summaries that identify unmet needs and articulate key insights; connect insights to design actions by concepting user-centered solutions across brand, digital, product, service, and systemic platforms
- Utilize your deep understanding of design thinking to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and guide your clients throughout the entire design process
- Facilitate and lead in collaborative planning sessions, regularly scheduled meetings, ideation sessions and presentations
- Manage research and strategy account relationships by drafting research and strategy components of new business proposals, collaborating with account management staff to manage and extend client relationships to garner new business
- Know the Business of the Business: Act as a steward of IA Collaborative’s overall business by exploring future possibilities for the organization including new offerings and capabilities, talent acquisition, thought leadership, and other business growth-oriented activities
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as design research, design planning/strategy, product design, design engineering, social sciences, behavioral sciences, etc. Master’s degree in design related field is preferred.
Three to five years of professional work experience with a proven track record of planning and conducting design research, analyzing and synthesizing qualitative data, and leading in concept workshops.
Familiarity with user centered design and design thinking practices, methods and tools, including a range of qualitative research methods (in-context observations, co-creation, etc. )
Familiarity with Adobe creative suite (especially InDesign), presentation software including Powerpoint and Keynote, as well as video editing software such as Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro.
Remote Work: We are open to exploring candidates outside the Chicagoland area (except Colorado); remote work arrangements may require flexible working hours as project-work dictates.
IA Collaborative Future of Work Model:
Tentatively starting January 10, 2022, we will enact a 3-day in-office/2-day option-to-work-from-home schedule. We are currently working from home with an option to work from the IA Collaborative office following CDC and local guidelines.
Why IA Collaborative
You will have the opportunity to leverage and develop your existing talents and skills while being exposed to IA’s cutting-edge research, strategy, creative philosophies, and tools.
You will be work with highly talented individuals with diverse backgrounds, who are passionate about learning, highly strategic in their approach, and deeply committed to creative excellence.
IA’s comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision; a suite of family benefits including paid time off for the birth of a child, caregiver leave, wellness check-in days, flexible spending accounts for dependent care, health expenses and childcare, and 529 college savings planning and contributions; employer-paid life insurance and disability; in-house Leminars (learning-seminars), scholarship funds to promote individual learning, growth and inspiration; as well as discretionary bonus and profit-sharing programs.
About IA Collaborative
IA Collaborative is a global design and innovation consultancy. We help leading organizations and category disruptors find new growth, create new offerings, and empower a culture of innovation. We fully integrate human-centered design and business strategy into the ongoing operations of our clients, to launch new corporate ventures and drive continuous innovation. From Insight to Action, we define new business models and create new products, technology platforms, experiences, brands, services and environments.
IA is on the national and global stage speaking about the business value of design. Featured by Fast Company as one of the country’s preeminent design thinkers and nominated by the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum as a “Design Visionary,” IA’s leadership and work has been profiled by prominent business publications and has received multiple design accolades, including Best Design North America and Best UX Design in Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Awards; the SXSW Business Design Award; and multiple honors in the Red Dot International, International Design Excellence Awards (IDSA), the GOOD DESIGN Awards, and the iF World Design Awards. IA Collaborative works with the world’s most successful brands, including FedEx, Allstate, Airbnb, Fidelity, Apple, Johnson & Johnson, Nike, Lilly, and Audi.
At IA Collaborative, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We believe that welcoming a diverse variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to our organization contributes to a thriving culture, a vibrant community, and breakthrough work. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.