At Hyundai, we’ve rethought our business and created cars that combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete package.
It’s time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you’re not just building a career – you’re building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
• The Associate, Communications is responsible for managing all aspects of administrative tasks including planning and implementation of projects for the Division. Coordinate the daily affairs for the division head and CCO to meet the diverse requirements of HMC, HMA Regions, and direct reports under the division head’s supervision. Coordinate the calendar, travel, meetings, conference calls, written communications, correspondence, and other project-oriented roles for the division director and CCO. Significant responsibility for preparation and submission of financial items to include budget transfers, purchase requests, purchase orders, invoice payments, wire transfers, annual budget overviews and documentation. Additionally responsible for supporting the media website content development as well as planning and executing the annual PR summit. Manages the PR scheduling of the PR audiovisual studio. Works independently, innovatively and efficiently in a high pace environment handling multiple responsibilities and meeting multiple deadlines while maintaining a helpful, willing and responsive attitude with all divisional interactions.
• Provide administrative support and front-line customer service to assist in administering specific programs, follow-ups, and coordinate with procedures/processes for divisional projects.
• Assist CCO and division head and staff with expense report submission.
• Coordinate travel arrangements with HMA’s corporate travel agency.
• Proactively monitor and analyze division budget spending and assist division with accruals, budget schedules, and financial submissions.
• Process and track all program related invoices, expenses and PR’s via SAP.
• Work with the division head’s direct reports to ensure goal setting and year-end evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain and update Outlook contact and/or email groups.
• Review files/materials for accuracy and consistency.
• Prepare and/or assist in preparation of reports and presentations as required by management.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings internally and/or with clients and vendors.
• Provide assistance in researching and analyzing division related information, as necessary.
• Maintain and update division specific system/software and serve as IT point of contact for division.
• Provide administrative support for division managers and employees, as necessary.
• Serve as Department Ambassador acting as liaison for all employee transfer/hiring processes.
• Manage support desk and supply area.
• Manage internal/external correspondence, handling highly confidential issues.
• Responsible for providing office assistance including, but not limited to, SAP financial program, filing, meeting arrangements, report preparation and editing, HMA record management, ad hoc reports, and telephone screening.
• Work with website vendor to ensure that media sites continue to meet and exceed the functional requirements of the PR department and its’ customers, staying up-to-date with media site developments and best practices.
• Work with website vendor to ensure that media websites meet changing brand design standards. Liaise with PR managers to receive material for posting and ensure brand consistency across sites.
• Develop posting strategy to further PR objectives while remaining aligned with Product Planning and Marketing departments.
• Proofread content for posting.
• Manage relationship with website company through regularly scheduled meetings.
• Optimize content according to SEO.
• Analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics, adjusting strategy as needed to meet objectives.
• Coordinate with social media manager to ensure content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase visibility.
• Oversee development and maintenance of journalist database.
• Plan and execute an Annual PR Summit for 20-30 attendees from around the world, to include hotel and dining arrangements, meeting arrangements, transportation, teambuilding activities and event-related communications.
• Any other tasks and responsibilities, not limited to above, as assigned by the division head.
• This position stands alone and wears many different hats and has to organize and coordinate all aspects of the work environment. Though decisions are not critical to the running of the division or company, each decision is based on knowledge and understanding of what needs to be done to bring a project to closure in a professional and timely manner.
• Must have a high school diploma.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Two to four years of experience with minimum one year of automotive PR preferred.
• Knowledge of the automotive industry a plus.
• Agency PR experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Hyundai organizational structure a plus
• Excellent skills with computer presentation programs including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, ZOOM, MS TEAMS, WEBEX.
• Excellent spelling and good grammar skills.
• Competent knowledge of asset editing programs such as PhotoShop a plus.
• Graphic design skill/capability a plus.
• Excellent skills working with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet program.
• Excellent phone skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work with journalists.
• Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
• Positive attitude.
• Strong social media awareness and participation.
• Normal office duties.
• Production for photo/video shoots.
Our Company adheres to the equal employment opportunity guidelines set forth by federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this form is sought in good faith and will not be used to discriminate against the applicant based on race, religion or creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, marital status, sex or gender (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, or related circumstances), gender identity, gender expression, age, citizenship, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, military and veteran status, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and local laws.