This is an opportunity to shape the future direction of a company that has the potential to disrupt several major categories while also having a meaningful impact on the health of our planet and the people who live on it.
Hydrosome labs is a water technology start-up with a breakthrough technology that improves the functionality of water. Our technology improves the effectiveness of products formulated using water and delivers faster results for living systems that rely on water. There are applications for categories ranging from Agriculture, Animal/Pet Health, Personal Care, Functional Beverages and Pharmaceuticals.
We aspire to be an ingredient brand, partnering with companies in each of our core verticals to incorporate our water into their formulations and supply them with our patent pending water processing equipment to use in their operations.
We have partnered with several renowned labs and universities to validate our science and are in the process of developing applications to commercialize our technology in each of these industries. Our technology has been developed over several years and we are now at a stage where we are looking to bring on a full time Design and Process Engineer to help optimize the design of the systems we will be selling.
The Design and Process Engineer (must be Chicago IL based) will design and lead the scale up of the current pilot system to a full-scale manufacturing system, including identifying new cost optimized materials of construction, clean design, remote monitoring capabilities and customer specific requirements for capacity, sanitization, etc. In addition, this person will lead the development of optimal operating parameters for future versions of our water treatment system (temperature, pressure, flowrate, etc.).
Deep experience with fluid dynamics, design of experiments and process controls is required. The ideal candidate will have worked on designing and qualifying fluid processing equipment (pumps, valves, filtration, etc.) for a turbulent flow operation.
As with any start-up speed to market is key. This person must be an execution/results oriented leader experienced in early-stage development through commercialization. Ideally he/she is a Chemical Engineer who is hands-on, entrepreneurial, resourceful, collaborative and highly productive/effective. They will be effective at managing teams, as well as partnering with customers.
This position will report directly to the COO and will be the Engineering / Product Development leader for the company.
- Lead design and scale up of proprietary Hydrosome Labs water processing system
- Work with future partners on modifying Hydrosome Labs system to meet their manufacturing and processing requirements
- Lead the relationship with equipment manufacturers who will build Hydrosome units
- Manage the Hydrosome Labs pilot plant facility
- Develop the Generation 2 of Hydrosome labs technology, optimizing materials of construction, size, etc.
- Design and lead experiments to develop optimal operating parameters for the Generation 2 unit
- Managing Multiple Collaborations; recruiting, managing and developing high performing teams.
Desired Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Chemical Engineering or similar degree.
- Knowledge of turbulent fluid flow principles
- Experience modeling high pressure vessels and/or equipment
- Some Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Design of Experiments (DOE) experience
- Minimum 5-10 yrs process and design experience.
- Exposure to startups or early stage research and development.
- Expertise to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Problem-solving skills and skills to demonstrate the application of structured problem-solving methods and tools.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as high ethical standards