Product Development Internship with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
Position: Product Development Intern
Department: Product Team
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Unpaid, volunteer
Hours: Full-time, Part-time
Reports to: Product Lead
humanID (part of the Bluenumber Foundation), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-id.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls, and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
About the role
Summary of job function
We are specifically looking for Product Managers with a strong technical background to join the Tech/Product team. In this role, you will uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements. You will also work closely with software developers to implement product features.
- Work closely with software developers to implement product features.
- Work directly with the founders, 2 recent HBS graduates based in Cambridge.
- Represent clients by understanding their needs and product requirements.
- Outline each product’s vision, roadmap, and features in a detailed product specifications document.
- Think at a larger scale – considering a product’s scope, size, and success criteria for product acceptance.
- Perform competitor and user research if the product calls for it.
- Explore new ways to improve both existing and future products/features.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Strong technical background or specific domain expertise.
- Experience with going through the steps it takes to launch a successful product – from idea to conception.
- Understanding of Figma and MySQL.
- Knowledge of the Scrum Framework.
- A passion to create innovative yet achievable ideas for future products.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail.
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year-round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally set up even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.