Partnerships Internship with Harvard-based Non-profit (fully remote)
Position: Partnership Intern
Department: Partnership Team
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Unpaid, volunteer
Hours: Full-time, Part-time
Reports to: Partnership Lead
humanID (part of the Bluenumber Foundation), is an anonymous, nonprofit and open-source online identity, replacing invasive Social Sign-Ins (SSOs) such as ‘Login with Facebook’, or Google’s ReCAPTCHA. The login enables complete privacy at full convenience. No password, no data stored. At the same time, we enable communities to block bots and abusive users.
We are a volunteer-driven nonprofit where volunteers & interns take over real responsibilities. Team members will work directly with the 4 founders, who include seasoned entrepreneurs & 2 HBS graduates. You’ll be working in a real startup environment, and be able to build connections across the tech and philanthropic world. We’ve built an awesome team and a product that can change the world!
To learn more about our organization, visit our website at www.human-id.org.
At humanID, all roles and tasks are adjusted to your specific learning objectives. You will have the opportunity to lead teams, initiatives, sales calls and much more. We care about your professional development and focus on every individual’s learning journey.
About the role
Summary of job function
As a Partnerships Intern for humanID, you will play a major role in reaching out and getting calls with organizations, platforms, or journalists to spread the mission of combating misinformation and disinformation. You will be given the opportunity to send messages to executives or platform hosts through various platforms, set up, and be in calls with the co-founders. Being part of this team will lead you to learn about networking while improving your business writing and communication skills, and collaborating with other team members to develop new ideas and explore new areas as working to fight misinformation and preserve privacy is important and rewarding.
- Coordinate and send press releases
- Forge long-lasting relationships with press and influencers
- Be able to identify communication opportunities through a proactive approach
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
- Pitch relevant stories to media and organizations
- Strong ability to adapt and communicate ideas to team leads and other team members
- Able to plan out tasks and meet deadlines over a span of a week
- Desire to learn more about networking, partnerships, and start-ups
- Leadership on projects and initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English writing
- Passionate to fight for a better internet
Immense Flexibility on Location & Working Hours
Roles can be part-time or full-time and will be unpaid. You will take on significant responsibility and make a direct positive impact! We are actively recruiting year-round for applicants that can commit at least 15 hours a week for at least 3 months. We are looking for new joiners starting anytime, year-round.
humanID has been completely remote and globally set up even before the pandemic, and welcomes team members from anywhere in the world, under the condition that your working hours of choice have a significant overlap with U.S. Eastern Time.